Bank of Mom and Dad Closed! What about 50K a year tuition?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Apr 6, 2010.

1. heypa

heypa

If the only people who went to college had the money to go how would college costs react? The loans subsidize colleges. The explosion of college costs probably follow the assistance to students. Don't forget the military in this analysis.
    Follow the money. Credit availability skews everything it touches. Just my humble opinion. I'm not interested enough to research into the specific reasons.
    Evaluate costs by using constant dollars not the fake figures you see everywhere.The real inflation rate in this country is somewhere in the neighborhood of double the published rates. If you have lived past 30 you ought to know that.

#21     Apr 7, 2010
  2. Where do you live? And how does one save for retirement...pay the bills, taxes and pay for health insurance on 2916 a month on the planet earth, let alone the USA.

#22     Apr 7, 2010
  3. you very succinctly described the core problem with the united states right now.

#23     Apr 7, 2010
  4. ashatet

ashatet

I see nothing wrong with people enjoying the money their parents earned and saved. I see nothing wrong with women driving mercedes and never having to work and live in grand homes if the spouse is working for them.

What is annoying is that there are lots of people who made and are still making 100K+ for doing nothing, like executive recruiter, executive secretary, director of this, VP of that, while top engineers in their field have to work for 15 years before they can hot 100K.

#24     Apr 7, 2010