Bank deposit question

Discussion in 'Economics' started by kandlekid, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Show your father, the stats PhD, this thread. Tell us what he thinks.

#51     Oct 25, 2011
  2. morganist

morganist Guest

Unfortunately he died a long time ago. I will see if I can find anything on the internet that he did.

#52     Oct 25, 2011
  3. I'm sorry to hear that.

You needn't bother finding the work on the internet. Just give us a citation - some of us do have access to academic journals. We can honor your old man by reading his work.

#53     Oct 25, 2011
  4. morganist

morganist Guest

#54     Oct 25, 2011
  5. Out of curiosity... and I wouldn't be so bold as to ask had you not posted this... how come your father doesn't share your last name of morgan (which you alluded to with the descended from the Morgans comments, and also in our previous conversations?)

#55     Oct 25, 2011
  6. morganist

morganist Guest

He does his name was RKB Morgan. I could not find the paper he wrote so I found one that referred to his paper. I think he got a paper published at nature based on his phd. He measured the speed of cancer growth using a computer program. This is only thing I found on the internet. I know it is not much.

He was the chief statistician for calculating the mortgage figures then he started the environmental digest then he calculated the fish stocks for the UK. He did other things.

Anyway you haven't seen my work. I am saving it. You might be surprised.

#56     Oct 25, 2011
  7. the1

the1

So the only ones in banking are there because of a genetic ability? Banking can't be "learned" by those w/o a certain gene pool?

#57     Oct 25, 2011
  8. Ah okay. Sounds like your dad did a lot of interesting things. Great for him.

Well, I know your wrote a book on your macro economic control stuff. I offered to review it - but you refused. So that's that.

#58     Oct 25, 2011
  9. the1

the1

You can add 1 to that question :D

That being said, however, Morgan is a pretty sharp fellow.

#59     Oct 25, 2011
  10. morganist

morganist Guest

No re read the posts above I said that there is a genetic pre disposition. I specifically said that others can learn but they might not one have the advantages of natural skills in that area which help and two they might not have a interest in the subject and get drawn to it which is in my opinion pre disposed too.

Please re read this I specifically put this in those posts because I knew that people would contest it.

#60     Oct 25, 2011