Banishment of NYSE Trade thru Rule?

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by JMartinez, Oct 21, 2003.

1. Would the outcome be good for the ECN world? Would it be good for investors/traders? Would it be another decimal debacle? Will NYSE trade thru orders more often and make more money?

2. Where do we come from?
    Whrere do we go?
    Is there a life after death?
    Are humans masters of their fate?
    Is my reply senseless?
    Is the pope catholic?
    What religion offers the best life after death?
    Are there still taxes in heaven?
    If so, is it better then to go to hell?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

3. Then why is it that people complain about it and when it does happen (No more trade thru rule) people will complain again? Because I think that the rule will disappear and NY will trade thru all markets regardless more frequently without the rule and make even more money. But in the end, it will only hurt the general public.

4. (Philosophically Speaking)
    Know what is, understand how it works, work within it or work to change it for the better. Be careful what you wish for sometimes, as it may come true, much to your dismay.

Not knowing all the details of the how and why the Exchange rules are what they are can cause you to think one way....and then after you understand, then you may simply change your attitude and opinion.

I recently had an ex trader come back to BT who was a bit irate about a few rules....we explained the "why" of it all (and how it was to his benefit), and now he is a 'happy Bright Trader."

Let's not assume that "they" are all out to get you. "They" are no more than us a few years and dollars down the road (in many cases).

Don