Bangkok Traders Get Together

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by noisebasement, Jul 10, 2007.

1. bespoke

bespoke

Yeah, US citizens have more relaxed laws in regards to the Thai foreign business law because they signed some treaty way back when. But I'm Canadian and since it doesn't apply to me I have to give up 51% ownership to Thais. It's a lot of trouble and a headache. Only good if your SO is Thai... but then again, it could be more trouble..... :p

Thaivisa.com bothers me because it's just a bunch of angry foreigners talking about how much they dislike certain things in Thailand or their home countries.

Could someone in Thailand ping this server for me? 67.106.72.9

It would be greatly appreciated!

#21     Jun 1, 2008
  2. Pita

Pita

regarding tourist visas there is basically no limit (so far). I get a visa with double entry which entitles me to stay 2 month plus 1 month extension at the local immigration without crossing any border. After 3 months I have to leave the country for at least one day to use the second entry for another 2+1 months. After this I have to leave again and apply for a new visa at a thai embassy in for example Malaysia, Singapore or your home country, wherever is convenient. I have been doing this since 12 years and never got bothered. About business, non immigrant, retirement visas and work permits I have no accurate information to post as I did never any sort of biz there.

#22     Jun 1, 2008
  3. derave

derave

Hi,

I was thinking about living in Phuket while trading US markets for the winter.

Does anyone knows if the internet connection got better recently. I read that the max that could be found was a 2 Mbps...is it still true ?

Is there an internet cafe or a network company that anyone would recommend ?

If not, does anybody have a suggestion of a cool beach place with great internet connection, some golf courses
    and decent cost of living anywhere ?

Thanks !

#23     Nov 2, 2008
  4. Florida

#24     Nov 4, 2008