Bangkok/Phuket

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Pita, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Pita

Pita

Hi Hombre,

targeted customers are international traders with advanced skills. Due to the location probably rather guys from Singapore, China, some expats maybe. Markets to (day)trade live are e-minis, bonds, notes, index- and liquid stock options, stocks and forex.
    Position trading for stocks, options, commodities and futures spreads. I am going to send you my e-mail via PM.

#11     Oct 3, 2008
  2. anita883

anita883

Hi Pita,
    I ive in Pattaya , 1.5 hrs south of Bangkok and
    daytrade from there . you can pm me and i will e-mail you back
    Trevor

#12     Oct 3, 2008
  3. Is the high-speed Internet there fast enough for trading? I've spent enough time in Pattaya, Phuket and Bangkok to not trust any hotel's claim to 'broadband' when my 56k back-up line at home runs faster!

#13     Oct 23, 2008
  4. Mav88

Mav88

A wise chinese man once said 'man who goes thru airport turnstile sideways is going to bangcock'

#14     Oct 28, 2008
  5. Pita

Pita

valid point. Internet reliability indeed is an issue.

#15     Oct 29, 2008
  6. derave

derave

Hi,

I was thinking about living in Phuket while trading US markets for the winter.

Does anyone knows if the internet connection got better recently. I read that the max that could be found was a 2 Mbps...is it still true ?

Is there an internet cafe or a network company that anyone would recommend ?

If not, does anybody have a suggestion of a cool beach place with great internet connection, some golf courses
    and decent cost of living anywhere ?

Thanks !

#16     Nov 2, 2008
  7. gangof4

gangof4

ditto.

i need a solid and, preferably, redundant setup (ie: subscribe to 2 internet services)- still don't know if that would be good enough given all i've heard about shit thai internet connections (just read all the threads on thaivisa).

seems maybe the only route would be a business class connection- prolly require renting office space in a wired building. not all that practical for the couple of months i'd be there.

anyone who lives there who knows a better way- please chime in.

#17     Nov 2, 2008
  8. how can anybody daytrade without rock solid internet (and fast)? position trading you could do over an iphone, but short term stuff absolutely demands a solid connection. Otherwise you could drop an incredible amount of money and not be able to do a damn thing about it.

I too have thought of moving to Phuket, but the net infrastructure killed that idea.

#18     Nov 5, 2008
  9. Hi,

you should try Malaysia/ singapore as well, imho there is certainly more potential (locals and expats) than in thailand.
    I am an expat living in KL and i can see few ads here in the local nespapers promoting this kind of services.

Anyway, if you want more info, just PM me..

Cheers,
    Larry

#19     Nov 5, 2008
  10. Pita

Pita

Good internet connection in bkk is not a problem while for Phuket it sometimes is. For somebody who daytrades many roundturns a day it is probably not reliable enough unless using bracket orders. I have been using ADSL and Broadband provided in Phuket and most of the time it is good enough to daytrade. Nevertheless even when the weather is sunny and clear at the moment Monday and Tuesday this week I was not able to daytrade, well I could have traded but I got data relayed and my platform reconnected 3 times within an hour. Nevertheless Bkk has good and fast internet but seriously who really wants to live there. I will get a new house and a flat by the end of the year and have ordered satellite internet to be installed. That probably will solve the issue. Worth to consider is that internet service is a standard feature in thailand now and making its usability faster, more reliable and cheaper is an absolute must for the operating providers here.

#20     Nov 5, 2008