Banbing certain types of posters.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by alfonso, Sep 7, 2003.

1. Gordon, as I explained to you in the post that was deleted here, it is a simple matter for me to ignore posters who constantly post crap. In fact, I already do. It's just that some people tend to get very upset at the levels of "crap" on ET and begin demanding "tougher moderating standards" -- which I don't think are always the best answer. At least if pathological "crap" posters can be indentified and eliminated it would certainly drop the amount of "crap" that members have to wade through, meaning they would probably be less likely to demand a crusade for the moderators to "get tough".

#11     Sep 9, 2003

2. My, my, such insight.

Yes, I could have simply PMed Baron. Then again, I could have also posted my concerns publicly on the Feeback forum -- which is what it's here for -- so that other members can offer their own ideas/critiques on what I am proposing. But you db, well, you saw right through that didn't you -- my only intention was to post more crap. Drats, foiled again!

As for my not being in the "strongest possible position", I completely agree. I would have no problem whatsoever if Baron or the other moderators decided to delete any of my posts they consider to contain too much "crap". Overall, though, I think any "crap" I have posted has certainly been countered with a far higher proportion of "non crap" -- even though you yourself and others may not (lol) agree with my point of view (which certainly doesn't make it "crap").

#12     Sep 9, 2003
  3. Love......Love .....and more LOVE!!!!

THAT"S what I love about ET.......

I think it was the great toni tenille who once said:
    " love, love will keep us togehter"

#13     Sep 9, 2003
  4. Even being a new guy, reading posts that are hostile isn't conducive the content and goals of this site. I'll be the first to admit that I read and post some silly stuff. Why not? Our jobs are hard enough, and a little humor and lightheartedness can go a long way; but the outright hostility needs to stop.

#14     Sep 9, 2003
  5. tampa

tampa

Baron,

Yet again I implore you to listen to alfonso, a man of obvious high moral and ethical standards.

Obviously, you are a very busy man, explaining how crap, as alfonso so eloquently phrased it, gets past you.

May I suggest that you consider creating a new post here at ET: Commissioner of Crap. And may I nominate alfonso for the job? With his high standards and ideals, as well as his uncanny ability to sniff out crap, who among us is better suited and qualified to serve in the office of Commissioner of Crap?

Please Baron, hear the pleas of all the decent ET members, and join with us in this campaign to rid this message board of all the members alfonso has identified as trouble makers.

Thank you,

tampa

#15     Sep 9, 2003
  6. i implore baron to not pay attention to anything alfonso or tampa says. as someone who has read many posts by the aforementioned two, this is a NO BRAINER.

F. P.

#16     Sep 10, 2003
  7. tampa

tampa

Baron, the above is a prime example of crap, and a member worthy of expulsion.

#17     Sep 10, 2003
  8. Spanky

Spanky

why, because you disagree? many people disagree with your opinions. you are certainly not the most knowledgeable trader on ET, so many of your posts are probably considered "crap" to some. it's all relative. learn to use your ignore list.

same goes for you, alfonso.

#18     Sep 10, 2003
  9. tampa

tampa

No, I am not the smartest trader on ET, but there sure are some who ain't as smart as moi.

Perhaps the time has come to help some of you out - I am mocking Mr. alfonso. Of course he has a point, but his pomposity deserves a good nose tweeking - and that is what I have done.

#19     Sep 10, 2003
  10. I do not think it is possible for most ET people to understand the level you are operating on. Fruity and spanky are not able to play the nuance and swift game. They are just hammering on walnuts to get some meat. Even crows and gulls know to drop contained food on the road or cliffs to get what is inside. These guys can't look past the shells it seems.

#20     Sep 10, 2003