Banana Republic

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Bob111, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Volume has really been dropping off this year.

I might just take the whole of December off if nothing is going on.

#11     Oct 4, 2013
  2. Bob111

Bob111

i'm already off for last two months..my systems are still profitable,but it's just not worth it..few hundreds a week? screw it..i'm on vacation

#12     Oct 4, 2013
  3. d08

d08

Disclaimer: this isn't a personal assault, even though it might sound like it.
    That's what the media wants you to believe and they were successful in your case. There are tens of thousands of terrorists/freedom fighters (depends on how you look at it), optimistically hundreds of thousands. You make it a "we're the good guys, they're just crazy" situation, where as in reality both sides have done things. CIA has kidnapped and murdered thousands of people, I'm suggesting that some were wrongly accused civilians and that stirs up emotions. The Iraqi freedom fighters (media calls them terrorists) are simply fighting for their land, not unlike the US Revolutionary War but in this case, allied forces are Britain and Iraqis are the colonists.
    If you suggest that the US goes into a all-out war against all Islamic nations, from Morocco to Indonesia, then you underestimate the financial cost.

#13     Oct 5, 2013
  4. You brought this up in a nice way. No personal assault taken. We're definitely on the wrong forum, but who cares? I'll respond.

I have respect for freedom fighters and have even a small amount of love for them and people like Che Guevara who (tried to at least and) fought for equality for repressed people. He made it a point amongst his rebels to never steal from the poor in his guerilla fighting with Governemnts he was opposed to whether in Cuba or Bolivia or other places. I can sympathize with his cause even if I don't like that those tactics lead to deaths of soldiers or anyone. But he never ever tried to harm innocent civilians and never condoned robbing or raping them. Signing up with him as a rebel was voluntary - he never forced people to fight with him at the risk of being killed and tortured.

The CIA has done bad stuff, and it's just a cycle of violence that breeds new hatred and it goes on and on as it always had in the history of the world.

HOWEVER. There are people in the world that are just EVIL. I believe that. They use jihad and Alla as a cover so they can kill and cause destruction.

If any group think they have something to gain for their cause by killing a bunch of innocents in a mall or shooting college students who did nothing wrong, or bombing people at a marathon, then they lose any respect from me for any cause they care about. Their cause is a veil. They just are fuc*ed in the head and would have latched on to something else. Here they may say CIA and USA sucks or whatever other BS.

Jihadists in particular are with this idea that infidels need to be killed. Here's the problem. I tried looking into the numbers. It's not a couple thousand loonies that got together. We're talking about a few million. America and Americans are their favorite target. But they'll kill their own people too - if they don't jump in the fight with them.

There is no easy solution to just blanket bomb entire islamic countries. But, still, these people need to be killed. In any event, they want to die. They're mentally ill and brainwashing younger people everyday to jump aboard their cause whether by force or otherwise.

Gotta be stopped. Gotta be with violence, unfortunately. They will not listen to reason. Their cause isn't to get some land, or to stop CIA ops in their countries. Their cause is to kill non-muslims. That's what they want and they're willing to die for it.

Most islamic people are totally cool. But it's not 1% loonies unfortunately. It's now a systemic thing. I've read as high as 10 to 15% believe that infidels must die.

Our move.

#14     Oct 5, 2013
  5. #15     Oct 13, 2013
  6. zdreg

zdreg

jim rogers has completely turned around his opinion on russia as an investment. perhaps it is time for you to go home to make some big money.gilded cage argument of of wife+children are mere excuses.

remember russia is more capitalist than US i.e. flat tax . the kleptocracy argument doesn't hold water anymore. in russia it is shrinking. in america we call call it crony capitalsm and it is expanding.

#16     Oct 13, 2013
  7. Bob111

Bob111

flat tax is nice,but the rest(capitalist? you must be kidding). 2 weeks ago my friend(a successful russian businessman) was beaten at home. died later in hospital. in past 15 years
    at least 3 of my friends were KILLED on the streets while walking to the home at night. and it was a small,peaceful city in the middle of nowhere..i lost more friends on the streets of my own city,than in afgan war in 80's,while we are all in army

thank you,but no thank you.

the opportunities for a trader arise at a chaos times. we are getting there in US.

#17     Oct 14, 2013