Ban Uptick, then Ban Short Selling

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rc5781, Sep 19, 2008.

1. rc5781

rc5781

All under the Bush administration, bitch please....

2. sprstpd

sprstpd

All I know is a market without shorts means a market ready to crash with no buffer.

3. x2

The short sale ban was to save GS...

Short is an equally important trade, and they screwed the pooch. Everyone will have a chance to take a deep breath, and then it's time to see how long we can hold it underwater once the shorts are able accurately reprice equities again.

4. gimp570

gimp570

what do you guys think the chances are that they are going to go back to the uptick rule....

If this would happen it would be the end of alot of traders...me included

5. sprstpd

sprstpd

100% guaranteed they bring back the uptick rule because we have morons running the show.

6. you think it's easy running a democracy?

7. Do you think it's our God given right to do this for a living? We had to step up, protect the system. No one did it. We had a steady parade of the Cohens, the Loebs, the Einhorns....... Oh, look at them. They're brilliant!!! they're ruthless sociopaths. And they 've wrecked your ability to make a living. Place the blame firmly where it belongs. These guys poured the money on DC, and froze these people from doing the peoples business.

The uptick rule is so common sensical, I really can't fathom while Cox is going down with this ship. It makes no sense. And I do profit from no uptick rule. But it kills companies.

I don't think they quit. I think people continue to break the rules, and I believe, before it's over, they do ban ALL short selling. These guys just can't / won't do the right thing.

8. sprstpd

sprstpd

Let's just say that if anybody ever bothered to open a history book, they would learn that artificial mechanisms to prohibit true price discovery never work as intended. Failure is part of capitalism but the people in charge want to eliminate the failure portion of the equation. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way and we are all going to pay for their ignorance.

I never said it was easy.

9. sprstpd

sprstpd

If the uptick rule makes so much sense, we should implement a downtick rule too for buying. That makes just as much sense.

Obviously you are not one for fair price discovery.

Blaming naked shorting is fine, but the only reason the absence of the uptick rule would affect anything is if naked shorting laws were not enforced. So enforce the naked shorting regulations and the uptick rule can stay in the dumpster where it belongs.

10. Interesting idea.

#10     Sep 20, 2008