Ban Tea and Coffee for More Important Foods

Discussion in 'Economics' started by bearice, May 7, 2011.

1. You have 2 options:

1) Grow Wheat, Corn and other important foods instead of tea and coffee.

2) Allow the Forests and wild animals to takeover millions of hectares of tea and coffee land and then these forests and animals will provide free food to Bearice (I mean human beings).

#11     May 7, 2011
  2. On December 17, 2010, the USDA estimated 2010-2011 world coffee production at 139.1 million (60 kg) bags with implied use of 133.6 million bags. That puts 2010-2011 ending coffee stocks at 31.3 million bags, or 23% of annual use. Brazil's first official estimate of coffee production in 2011-2012 was set at 43.3 million bags.

http://www.dailyfutures.com/one/softs.html

I think average cost of 1 kg coffee in the world is $5 (not sure).

Tea production should also be similar.

#12     May 8, 2011
  3. Bearice, why you always toss irrational ideas?

#13     May 8, 2011
  4. Tea (especially green tea) and and even coffee are actually very good for human health.

One could gain much more land for human food production by banning the use of animals for food.

70% of all cereals produced on earth are used as animal fodder, and not as food for humans.
    30 times more land (comparison based on the nutritional value of the end product) is needed for meat production than for the production of plants for human consumption.
    That means, using all land currently used for animal based food production, would give 30 times more human vegetarian food, than we gain currently with meat and milk products.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegetarianism#Environment_and_diet

A varied vegetarian diet is more healthy than meat eating.

One should ban the use of nuclear plants for energy production, because accidents like at Chernobyl, Fukushima, Three Mile Island and others make land unusable for food production for thousands and even millions of years. Through the pollution of the seas and oceans with the time they also make eating fish and seafood impossible.

Furthermore, one could (re)gain much land for human food production by banning the use of corn, cereals and other food for energy production.

#14     May 8, 2011
  5. Member:

Best of luck, brave entrepreneur! If your plan serves the needs of consumers in an efficient and cost-effective way, you will have great success.

#15     May 8, 2011
  6. "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man." --George Bernard Shaw

#16     May 8, 2011
  7. I would surley die without my morning cup of coffee.

#17     May 8, 2011
  8. I think no animal eats tea leaves and the same applies to coffee beans.

No animal eats chilly and pepper. Only human beings eat what animals do not eat. Why?

#18     May 8, 2011
  9. I am saying, price of Wheat and important foods rise to some extent because of production of tea, coffee and other drug crops since land is used for production of less important crops (tea and coffee is produce on massive scale).

The more the land is used for growing important foods the less the price of important foods.

#19     May 8, 2011
  10. GTG

GTG

Shows how much you actually know about farming. Wheat will not grow on any of that land that is used for coffee or tea production, and it's doubtful you could grow corn on much of it either.

#20     May 8, 2011