BAN semi-automatic weapons

Discussion in 'Politics' started by killthesunshine, Feb 24, 2010.

1. It has nothing to do with revenge or an eye-for-an-eye. It has to do with the right to protect yourself from an assailant. Have you ever been physically assaulted by an armed assailant? Have you ever had anyone break into your home while your were there? Criminals are armed. Law-abiding citizens need to protect themselves. The police do the best job they can, but the last time I dialed 911 it took the cops almost ten minutes to get to my house. If I'm not armed, I'm dead.

#41     Feb 26, 2010
  2. when was the last time you shot somebody?

#42     Feb 26, 2010
  3. And were there any ninjas involved?

#43     Feb 26, 2010
  4. Ricter

Ricter

I was actually robbed at gunpoint while I lived in Denver. But the guy had the drop on me, so I gave him my money.

#44     Feb 26, 2010
  5. Cassie

Cassie

[​IMG]

Sorry, couldn't help myself:p

#45     Feb 26, 2010
  6. Never. But when a burgler was breaking into our house through French doors, he didn't stop when he saw me through the glass. He just kept using a crow bar on the doors. When he saw I had a gun, he took off running. Most uses of a gun to stop a crime don't involve firing the weapon.

In England, where guns were banned entirely in 1997, break-ins to people's houses while the occupants were home went up dramatically in the ten years after the ban. The reason is simple. The burglars can be one hundred percent certain that the intended victims are unarmed. Now, over 50% of burglaries in England take place when the occupants are home. Compare that to about 10% in the US where there is high gun ownership.

The fact is, bad guys have guns. The police can't be everywhere to protect everyone all the time. If they could, there would be no crime. If you want to be protected, protect yourself.

#46     Feb 26, 2010
  7. Priceless

#47     Feb 26, 2010
  8. Self-Protected citizens are safer citizens.

This is undisputed proven fact by all of human history.

It is currently proven in Switzerland and multitudes of other parts of the world.

Contrary efforts are proven failures in England and Australia
    and everywhere else that this stupidity is embraced.

Please get educated ... versus opinionated.

Besides:
    Americans have the 2nd amendment ... it has become a "national public insurance policy" against oppressive government,
    that says ... "Don't push us too far" and "don't let us become uncomfortable" ...
    and "certainly don't piss us off" ... or we will revert to redneck sunsabitches ...

Few understand the sheer brilliance of this by the drafters of the constitution.

It has bought us decades of additional freedom against growing government encroachment.

#48     Feb 26, 2010
  9. Hilarious post! :D Especially the last sentence.

Also, since when has the US constitution meant anything to the government?

#49     Feb 26, 2010
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Quote from unretired:

Americans have the 2nd amendment ... it has become a "national public insurance policy" against oppressive government,
    that says ... "Don't push us too far" and "don't let us become uncomfortable" ...
    and "certainly don't piss us off" ... or we will revert to redneck sunsabitches ...
    Few understand the sheer brilliance of this by the drafters of the constitution.
    It has bought us decades of additional freedom aga

:confused:
    Not as <s>hilarious</s> ridiculous as your response.

#50     Feb 26, 2010