BAN semi-automatic weapons

Discussion in 'Politics' started by killthesunshine, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Restricting access DOES restrict access to all but the most ardent criminal.

Why do you NEED a semi-auto rifle for protection?

#11     Feb 24, 2010
  2. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

if youre going to commit a robbery, youre more likely to carry a gun if you think your victim is armed. also, youre more likely to fire first.

i think you need to address the problems in society that makes a kid go out and feel the need to rob in the first place. a tall order i know.

in europe where it is illegal to carry guns (and knives) we have less gun crime. its that simple. we do have gun crime, but less than usa. a lot less. however, like the usa, the gun crime we do have is often the result of hard drug addiction and the gangs that surround that culture.

#12     Feb 24, 2010
  3. #13     Feb 24, 2010
  4. #14     Feb 24, 2010
  5. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

why stop there? why shouldnt i be allowed an rpg if there are a load of drive by shootings in my 'hood?

where will it stop?

giving iran the nuke?

#15     Feb 24, 2010
  6. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

an interesting point that i am inclined to agree with.

an eye for an eye - just like the bible says. usa is a very protestant country after all.

as ghandi said: in the land of eye-for-an-eye, everybody ends up blind.

#16     Feb 24, 2010
  7. May I also purchase a tank and a fighter jet if I can afford it? After all, it is my right to protect myself! I need such powerful weapons or else the criminals will be the only ones who have them!

#17     Feb 24, 2010
  8. aegis

aegis

Events like this don't occur often enough to justify a ban.

#18     Feb 24, 2010
  9. achilles28

achilles28

+1.

Long live the 2nd Amendment.

#19     Feb 24, 2010
  10. wjk

wjk

If you're going to commit a robbery, you're more likely to pick a victim if he/she is un-armed.

#20     Feb 24, 2010