Ban retaildaytrader

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Maverick74, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Joe and Baron...can you please ban this prick. He just gave his mission statement on ET. He can't be any more blatant then this. I'm sure this must violate enough ET policies.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=213709&perpage=6&pagenumber=13

"I am an internet troll. The role of a troll is to spark useless debate, threads that just seem to keep winding into nowhere and to generally piss people off. I think I am succeeding with you although I have come out into the open which is strange. When its obvious what I am doing, usually people back off because further debate is useless. "

If he was spreading this garbage in P&R I wouldn't care, but this troll is polluting your front page.

2. Larson

Larson Guest

He sounds like the reincarnation of StockTrad3r. Why do you want him banned? His nonsense doesn't bother myself and some others. There are maybe three usernames on this site capable of starting a thread riot, and he is one . Harmless. And by the way, there was some good discussion that came out of that thread.

3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Normally I would agree with you. This is the first time I have ever suggested anyone to be banned. If he were posting in chit chat, no worries, but he starts thread after thread after thread of nonsense under the trading thread on the front page with the stated intent of trolling. He is actually stating that is his purpose. To clog up the site with crap. I can't see how Baron would let this guy ruin his site like that. If it were once every blue moon, it would be harmless but this guy starts the same new thread every freaking weak. It's relentless.

4. cstfx

cstfx

You are aware "it's good for business", right?

5. Baron

Baron ET Founder

He's been banned. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

6. Hello

Hello

Baron you seem much more agreeable since you became a dictator. :D

7. olias

olias

I totally agree. Thanks for stepping up.

and thank you Baron as well

8. He'll be back, just like he was the last 100 or so times. He was Port1385 and countless other names. And since you won't ban his IP (because he uses an anon proxy that many other users also use) banning him is absolutely pointless (even if warranted).

9. Interesting. I had him on ignore, and sometimes I'd notice no threads were visible in the Trading forum, which would mean the first five were started by people I had on ignore.
    I suppose that was him, and maybe deadbroke, if he's still around. Also fly down, if he hasn't been banned yet.
    No trolls visiting the ...
    I was going to say where, but stopped. All that would do is invite trouble.

#10     Jan 20, 2011