ban on fake testicles for vehicles

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by trendo, Apr 26, 2008.

1. trendo

trendo

By Michael Peltier

TALLAHASSEE, Florida (Reuters) - Senate lawmakers in Florida have voted to ban the fake bull testicles that dangle from the trailer hitches of many trucks and cars throughout the state.

Republican Sen. Cary Baker, a gun shop owner from Eustis, Florida, called the adornments offensive and proposed the ban. Motorists would be fined $60 for displaying the novelty items, which are known by brand names like "Truck Nutz" and resemble the south end of a bull moving north.

The Florida Senate voted last week to add the measure to a broader transportation bill, but it is not included in the House version.

In a spirited debate laced with double entendre, Senate lawmakers questioned whether the state should curtail freedom of expression in vehicle accessories.

Critics of the ban included the Senate Rules Chairman, Sen. Jim King, a Jacksonville Republican whose truck sported a pair until his wife protested.

The bill's sponsor doubted it would succeed.

"It's probably not going to make it through the process," Baker said on Thursday. "It won't be much of story i

2. Mercor

Mercor

Senate lawmakers in Florida have no balls!

3. Well, if they ban fake truck nutz, hopefully this will open up a whole new market for real testicles. Nothing like the real thing dangling off your hitch. Frankly, I'd like to get a set of Schnauzer nuts to hang on my Hybrid.

4. This story begs for my tag line.

Bring back public hangings.

5. What's opposite of secede? Can we somehow banish Florida from the Union?

6. Mercor

Mercor

First step... let's stop counting their votes.

7. Lucrum

Lucrum

So if I visit a ranch and happen upon a bull, am I supposed to avert my eyes?

I hope for the poor bull's sake, they don't ban the real ones. Ouch!

8. "Just say no to nuts." What a wonderful role model the FL senator. "Being in the Senate has given me a chance to work on legislation that makes a difference." When you be driving down the road and see nothing hanging on a trailer hitch "You can thank me".

The least they could do would be "Nut free zones" near schools, churches, daycare centers, playgrounds.

Hi, my name is Bob Manure, I'm running for Senate. Vote for me cause I give a shit about "Truck Nutz".