Ban MrMarket

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by daniel_m, Feb 3, 2003.

1. vinny, you are a true genius. :p

#11     Feb 4, 2003
  2. >>mrmarket/Qarel/ALICE <<

I doubt that MrMarket = Qarel.

In any event, (like some other people) I am more and more leaning towards the belief that mrmarket is not serious in his writings but just leading us all by the nose.

The question is, if we were aware that that is the case, would we still react the way some of us do or would we just laugh and snigger to ourselves ?

Freealways

#12     Feb 4, 2003
  3. mrmarket is not Qarel. I also doubt that he is ALICE, but not absolutely convinced.

I'm much more inclined to believe that daniel_m could be Hitman. I don't know the story, and don't care enough to research it. daniel probably isn't Hitman, but as far as I know he could be.

I also do not believe that mrmarket is a Penn state kid pretending to be Mr. Barsamian. I mean really, why? Because Wharton is soooooo prestigious? Any kid trying to pull something like this off would have chosen Harvard or Yale or Dartmouth or Princeton.

I also don't believe it is his purpose to disrupt. The disruption comes from the trolls (easy to spot, they speak troll-English) who reply to his threads with personal insults. "Gee, I'd really like to disrupt the ET board. I know, I will post messages about picking stocks, and then I will mention meats and cheeses. Meats and cheeses are inflammatory, and will incite chaos on the board!"

Speaking of banning people, is quickTRADER over 16? Is quickTRADER in fact over 14?

Speaking of disrupting the board, daniel_m has posted three feedback messages in the last two days. One was to suggest that zboy2854A be terminated as moderator (zboy seems to have had something to do with the Hitman banning), one was to call for a return of Hitman, and then this one calling to ban mrmarket. I would be tempted to start a new one calling for banning daniel_m, but that would be stooping to the same level.

If we're going to publicly call to ban particular members on the Feedback forum, then I suggest we start with quickTRADER and Wappers. But it's not really necessary, since the "content" of their messages warrant getting them deleted simply by clicking on "Kill" to bring them to the moderators' attention.

So, if certain members are being disruptive, use Ignore List or the Kill feature to deal with it. Ignore List would work against mrmarket, however Kill would not apply because he does not harass or insult others.

#13     Feb 4, 2003
  4. Here's an example of disruptive troll-English that can be dealt with by using the "Kill" feature. I will now do that very thing to demonstrate the effectiveness of this method.

#14     Feb 4, 2003
  5. hitman is a part of ET lore! but, alas, it is not i...
    for my part, i'm much more inclined to believe you are mental defective who, for whatever reason, has his panties in a bunch over something i said....

get off the high horse buddy... you already have stooped to the same level, shadowing me with your pathetic attempts to show me up....
    zboy has nothing to do with the hitman thing (as far as i know). this is the feedback forum isn't it? am i not allowed to voice my displeasure over zboy's moderating?

even though i thought mrmarket's ban was imminent, i thought i'd start poll just to expedite proceedings... no harm in that is there? (especially as hitman got banned for far, far less...)

the hitman poll was in response to metoox's comment of the same.... but since you know nothing about it, it's none of your business...

oh, and please do start a thread for banning me... i'd love to see the results :D

#15     Feb 4, 2003
  6. ... ever even BEEN on a trading floor? It's just goofing off, cos the market did a mighty 8 point range yesterday. As far as banning people goes, ever heard of 'free speech'?

Mr Market has a right to it just like everone else. And dan, all power to you dude for saying what u feel. Phantom, it's snivelling little sneak jobs like u that make life unpleasant, whinging to the mods constantly to ban people you disagree with. "Mommy Mommy, Wappers hit me. Send him to his room" Sheesh, u r patheric dude.

Mr Market aint going away, and so what? There's ALWAYS one! Bring it on Mr Cheesebeast! You are making life more fun!

#16     Feb 4, 2003
  7. Well you're narcissistic enough to want to see a "Ban daniel_m" thread. However, I have argued effectively that such threads are not necessary. My argument is correct, therefore I will not contradict it just to serve your vanity. If I thought you were worth banning, I would sent a PM to Elite Trader giving my reasons. Only if I had done that, and was not satisfied with their response, would I consider making my suggestion public by starting a thread about it.

Why is mrmarket's ban imminent? For supposedly touting a subscription service without paying advertising fees to ET? His Yahoo site is a free site. As far as I know he is not selling anything, merely sharing his own stock selection strategy with the rest of us for free. His strategy may be good, or it may be not as good as he claims, or it may even be a relatively weak method. But attempting to share it with the rest of us for free is no violation of Terms Of Use that I know of.

Or is he to be banned for mentioning meats and cheeses? That could be a possibility, if what he were doing was making a pitch to sell us meats and cheese. But he says "bring me your meats and cheese", rather than "let me sell you meat and cheese".

I'm not shadowing you with attempts to show you up. I am responding to the public threads you have started. And if you choose to make your criticism of any specific person public in this way, rather than sending your comments to Elite Trader in PM, you should expect that others will reply to your threads to give you feedback.

However, the handful of insulters who have chosen to disrupt the threads started by mrmarket, are not "giving feedback", they are merely shadowing him with their pathetic attempts to show him up. I believe that you are not Hitman. Would you mind revealing (of course you wouldn't!) whether you are any of the other disruptive mrmarket-baiters? Are you, for instance, Wappers2?

#17     Feb 4, 2003
  8. Yes, Mr Cheesebeast is making life more fun, and that is his deliberate intent.

Hey, Wappers: "whinging to the mods constantly to ban people you disagree with" is precisely what I was criticizing daniel_m for doing, and yet you reply to his doing that with "all power to you dude for saying what u feel".

Yeah, I said what I feel when I mentioned your name with quickTRADER. You've earned those remarks with your own behavior. But I did not go start a thread calling for your ban or for quickTRADER's, as daniel_m has done here. And I also have not sent any PM's to request either of you being banned. I have made my comments about that in the public, where you and everyone else can see them, and respond to them if you wish. Call me "snivelling" if you want, but don't call me a sneak. Not because I care, but because it simply isn't true. You could call daniel_m snivelling with some justification.
    p.s. Are you, for instance, daniel_m?

#18     Feb 4, 2003
  9. Yep, I'm daniel_m. The 'm' stands for 'meat'. As in 'meats and cheeses'. I AM HUGE!

Danny boy has the guts to actually say it. You just slip it into a post like the snivelling cheese weasel you are. You will never be a trader, boy. Your trades will be 'phantom' till you get bored with it. Dan, on the other hand, will probably make it.

Dan, suggest ignoring this person - he is obviously a wannabe, and his opinion therefore carries no weight.

Oh dan btw, I'm pissed off cos i lost 5 points yesterday. Every time it penetrated R1 I bought it like a sucker. These stoopid threads are affecting my decision process, and costing me $$$$$!

#19     Feb 4, 2003
  10. Anyone who likes to engage in personal confrontations on here, if that makes you happy, then be happy. But don't underestimate the intelligence of the moderators and think that they won't see quite clearly whose arguments are merely juvenile attacks, and whose arguments are statements of objective fact.

And don't think that the moderators are going to delete your messages just because some "snivelling little sneak" clicked on Kill, if the threads themselves do not merit deletion. The Kill feature is there for good reasons, and the moderators are they for the purpose of responding to the valid use of the Kill feature. When they exercise that responsibility, they are doing their job, which is precisly what daniel_m was criticizing zboy for supposedly not doing.

#20     Feb 4, 2003