Baldwin Blows Out?

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by nitro, Jun 22, 2005.

1. I do believe that you meant to say "cats." Apology accepted.
    :D

#31     Jun 27, 2005
  2. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

wasnt baldwin the guy who set up cqg - or am i totally off the mark?

#32     Jun 27, 2005
  3. A Grain! Ass ? AU !!!! LT ???

:p

#33     Jun 27, 2005
  4. Everest

Everest

No

#34     Jun 27, 2005
  5. You know Nitro:
    I been thinking about this for a bit. I understand your comment, but I wonder about the definition of "Public Figure".

I think of "public figures" as people who we all see on TV, or who are active in politics, music or sports. In contrast, when I see some wannabe gangbanger driving down the highway with police cars trailing behind, well I really don't consider him/her a "public figure" although for the moment they do have the spotlight of public attention. When we see pictures of that gal that ran away right before her wedding, do we really think of her as a "public figure"?

If I turn on the TV or go to a movie, I might expect to see something with Alec Baldwin, or Billy Baldwin or even Daniel Baldwin (theres four of em I guess) but frankly, I don't ever see Tom Baldwin's name in the credits (and I don't expect to).

When I go out to buy a music CD, I have never seen titles like "Tom Baldwin's Greatest Hits", "Tom Baldwin Rocks the CBOT" or "Wheres my bitchez yo? Tom Baldwin rapping with Eminem". I have never seen Tom Baldwin play a kick ass guitar solo during a Stones concert. When I play a Led Zeppelin CD, its not Tom Baldwin singing "Stairway to Heaven".

So in conclusion, I think the "public figure argument" is rather hard to sell outside the little circle of folks who follow finance. So I propose a test. Open your phone book and dial a residential number at random. Ask the person who answers if they recognize the name Tom Baldwin. Ask them to tell you what he does for a living.

I rest my case :)

Steve46

#35     Jun 28, 2005
  6. Looks like Lefty made his re-appearance on this thread.

#36     Jun 28, 2005
  7. Hey:

I work in Lefty's office (along with 5 others). We are executing a "change of shift" here tonight. I drew the short straw and have to stay up to trade the DAX and Stoxx in a couple of hours. I use his workstation, because he has the nice setup (wide main screen) individually controlled temp and music, etc. All dressed up and no place to trade (yet). Just having a little fun before the bell.

Good luck in the markets
    Steve46

#37     Jun 28, 2005
  8. nitro

nitro

Huh?

We are not some random sample on the street on this website. This is a trading website and outside the rawest of newbies or the traders that have had their heads in the sand for the last 15 years, many on this site knows who Baldwin is. Further, the fact that it was reported by Bloomberg Television repudiates this stance anyway.

I posted this thread with a question mark in it inspite of that it was reported _exactly_ as posed on Bloomberg TV as fact. It was an honest question, and if the "rumor" is verified as true, it is offered as "proof" to wide eyed wannabe traders that this is is a game of constant change and that even good traders go through tough times.

Keep your day job and leave lawyering to others.

nitro

#38     Jun 28, 2005
  9. If Baldwin did, in fact, blowout, I want to know about it.

As traders, we need to be looking for any edge we can get.

If, for instance, Baldy blew out because he's been short bonds during this absurd run-up, that would be some useful information and would help explain the 3 handle move in the last few sessions. Combine that w/Bill Gross hitting the tape saying 10 yrs are going to 3%, and I really don't need much more info to know that the time to short the hell out of bonds is right now.

This isn't a discussion about Baldwin's sex habits, its about trading, and extremely relevant. Steve, take your half-assed moralizing and shove it.

#39     Jun 28, 2005
  10. nitro

nitro

There is no need for that.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

nitro

#40     Jun 28, 2005