Baldwin Blows Out?

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by nitro, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Hello:

No mystery as far as I know.

I believe people deserve some privacy.

Certainly your privilege to ask, and mine not to say anymore than I have.

Good luck

Steve

#11     Jun 27, 2005
  2. sammybea

sammybea

Huh? You are basically saying that you are someone who is in the know but isn't saying anything. There has to be by far the most arrogant post I have read in a long time. Who in the world cares if you think you are priviliged? Baldwin having multiple seats is no big secret. Thanks for the confirmation. Now scurry away.

#12     Jun 27, 2005
  3. Sammy

I own property near Tom's. We are neighbors. I don't know him very well, but I think he is a good guy. On the other hand I think the folks at Bloomberg should leave him alone. I've already said that I think we all deserve a little privacy in this life. Maybe you are too fucking stupid to understand that comment. If so, let me condense my reply to a simple message that I am sure you WILL
    understand.

Who the hell asked you? Go fuck yourself.

Oh and have a nice day. :)

Steve 46

#13     Jun 27, 2005
  4. r-in

r-in

I would say the curiousity is because he was very successful and that was widely reported and was used to make him some sort of mythic super trader. When this kind of person blows out, if thats what happened(I being one who believes little to nothing of what any press reports) then it makes news and would be intersting to know if he has done like so many people, broken his own trading rules. Or if something else what? Its learning for me, and if you don't want to say thats fine. I would hope if it was a blow out he can say why so we can learn. I highly doubt that he is broke as a result, but I guess you never know.

#14     Jun 27, 2005
  5. coerver

coerver

surely you have better things to do than worry about if tom blew out or not. it is his business and his business alone. sadly we are in an industry where a lot(not all) of people thrive on others misery and like to see people fail. there is nothing yo can learn from him blowing out(if he did). to me 90% of this game is discipline. does not matter how good you are without it you are screwed. anyone disagree??? leave TB alone to get on with his own affairs and concentrate on your own p/l

#15     Jun 27, 2005
  6. well said.

#16     Jun 27, 2005
  7. coerver

coerver

thanks. instead of people trying to help and offer some encouragement after a rough patch, and we have all had them,too many people try to bury you alive. there is money out there for all of us..big or small trader.

#17     Jun 27, 2005
  8. r-in

r-in

coerver, steve, again not interested in burying anyone, or celebrating their failures, well other than when Hilary gets her ass handed to her when she runs for president, I do see learning here if he did take a fall. A lesson for all, but maybe more so for the newbie who has dollar signs in their eyes. Even the super successful can crash, and the new guy either learn from it or fail right away probably with no backup resources available. Anyway I can wait to read about what happened in one of the hype trader magazines that every so often has something educational in between the ego strokes for the big boys and paid ads for the holy grail systems.
    Sorry if wanting to learn, not wanting to have a laugh at someone else's expense; since I have been there, is such a terrible idea to you.
    I for one wasn't going after T.B., and certainly wish him the best. As far as I know he is a good person.
    Before you fly off the handle again about this post why don't you go get that corn cob you shoved up your ass removed, maybe it'll improve your disposition.

#18     Jun 27, 2005
  9. Really the thing that I object to is when people don't think.

Instead of taking my comment in a personal way. Think for a moment about the point I have tried to make.

Personally, I don't want to know if Mr. Baldwin blew out his account. For the same reason, I don't want to know whether he took a piss on the way to the pit this morning. Its none of my business.

If on the other hand, Mr. Baldwin decides to operate a public company like say Martha Stewart, then I think we are all entitled to know the details of his business, because he is operating a PUBLIC COMPANY.

The reason I suggested that Mr. Baldwin has multiple seats on the exchange is because that is public knowledge. One can make an appropriate inquiry with the exchange and find that out.

Now I think I have spent more than enough time on this subject and as usual, "no good deed goes unpunished".

For those of you who actually trade, I wish you good luck in the markets today.

Steve46

#19     Jun 27, 2005
  10. nitro

nitro

I strongly disagree with your position that Baldwin, or any other trader that has allowed him/her self to become a public figure, to not make it our business whether he is doing great or badly in the markets.

If I am going to be interviewed on magazines like Trader Monthly, or the Market Wizards books, etc, then what in effect I am saying is that my success may be of interest to you. The flip side of that then also becomes of interest to people as well.

The important lessons for people that are learning to trade are many, the least of which is that winners are always all too ready to get counted in this business, but when people are having a hard time, they rarely want to be counted.

I have no ill wishes towards a single trader on this planet, but there will be some on this site and traders in general that will take pleasure in other's demise, Baldwin's or otherwise. Sad but true.

nitro

#20     Jun 27, 2005