Balanced and diversified FX management.

Discussion in 'Forex' started by DepthTrade, May 17, 2020.

1. lovethetrade

lovethetrade Guest

That doesnt really answer my question. Why do you want to balance across more pairs just for the sake of it? By including a highly correlated pair you're doubling your EUR exposure compared to all other pairs in your portfolio which doesnt make sense if your objective is to minimise and balance risk.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2020
    #31     May 18, 2020
  2. DepthTrade

DepthTrade

Hello again lovethetrade, I would agree with you except for my unit/ usd exposure. This is not equal across the board. The positioning risk-size is balanced as opposed to out right numerical balance.

#32     May 18, 2020
  3. MrMuppet

MrMuppet

He's contributing, you're heckling.
    I don't care if it's SIM or not, it's an interesting concept and different to the basic trendline/indicator/orderflow/politics/"quant" based bullshit the imbeciles on ET post all the time.

This tickles my brain. So would you mind to shut up, pretty please? Unless you want to shill your product...but even then you could open your own thread

#33     May 18, 2020
  4. DepthTrade

DepthTrade

I will also say pair correlation is subjective to a time frame and even then it ebbs and flows out of those correlations.

#34     May 18, 2020
    lovethetrade likes this.
  5. fan27

fan27

I originally replied to this thread in good faith. Certainly the OP can handle what he decided to dish out.

#35     May 18, 2020
    HobbyTrading and themickey like this.
  6. DepthTrade

DepthTrade

Have rebalanced and legged into additional positions.

ET 2020 may 18 new trades.png

#36     May 18, 2020
  7. DepthTrade

DepthTrade

Hello everyone, have rebalanced and added some more weight to the over all position value. Up to 77k now.

ET 2020 may 19 new trades.png

#37     May 19, 2020
  8. @DepthTrade I have little knowledge about balancing a forex basket. Can you explain how you calculate that?

#38     May 19, 2020
  9. DepthTrade

DepthTrade

Hello HobbyTrading, let me think about that. I don't know if I want to just hand over years of hard work.

#39     May 20, 2020
  10. Oh I see. I wasn't aware that I was asking for "secret sauce". I would be interested in the basics though.
    Let me give an example: suppose I use EURUSD, EURJPY and USDJPY. Would this basket be in balance if I go long 1 lot in each of these?

#40     May 20, 2020