Balanced and diversified FX management.

Discussion in 'Forex' started by DepthTrade, May 17, 2020.

1. DepthTrade

DepthTrade

Hello lovethetrade, no they are not necessary and at one point I was balancing across Eur/gbp, Eur/Jpy, Eur/usd, Gbp/Jpy, Gbp/usd and Usd/jpy only. The problem with that was I was consolidated across less pairs. It's not perfect now, but I believe better, even though it can be slightly weighted into Usd or Eur more than the others. In an environment where the average person has zero hedge and fully weighted into their country of origin, I believe it is better.
    Thanks for the question.

#21     May 18, 2020
  2. DepthTrade

DepthTrade

Hello MrMupper, I am basing my positioning off a multiple commodity spread to give me direction on the different currencies. Then I see if those parameters are correlating with or against each other.
    Thanks for your interest in this thread.

#22     May 18, 2020
  3. DepthTrade

DepthTrade

Ok, don't want to let you off too easy. What products are you trading? I will revise my Quant test for you.

#23     May 18, 2020
  4. fan27

fan27

Quant test...from someone trading SIM. lol

#24     May 18, 2020
  5. DepthTrade

DepthTrade

Hello R1234, it's incredible what can be seen as viable when markets suddenly change.

#25     May 18, 2020
  6. DepthTrade

DepthTrade

Actually I am here looking for specific persons. The trading is just to verify that I know what I am doing and talking about.
    I will take your avoidance as a signal you are scared of failing my test.

#26     May 18, 2020
  7. DepthTrade

DepthTrade

Update to positioning. One position is dominating over the other. Will rebalance and will continue to leg in.

ET 2020 may 18 update.png

#27     May 18, 2020
  8. fan27

fan27

I have a real money trading journal on this site...shouldn't be hard to find. That's the only test that matters.

#28     May 18, 2020
  9. DepthTrade

DepthTrade

All I found was you stating how you lost -5k or -8k , but how you lucked out making +$900

#29     May 18, 2020
  10. fan27

fan27

Can't win them all. Let's see how year end PnL is looking with my live account vs your SIM.

#30     May 18, 2020