Bakken Rush- Northern Oil

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stonedinvestor, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Folks the action is very clear on NOG I've been hyper analyzing each tick for days... it's a loaded gun I just hope it's not pointed at my head... this name wants to explode buy any move through
    key resistance at $10.85 area- $10.90 the stk is in a mini bull flag ,but remains in 4 day 60c trading range coiling between 10.85 & 10.25....

The rest is up to you. ~stoney

Another name I love here GEOI. I am already in though for a couple bucks and do not feel comfy recommending it although it the combination of two companies and worth your look as DD... vast potential... NOG has yet to do it's thing....

#11     May 9, 2008
  2. Well folks this is where we stand. I gave you all a lot of time to get into this one.... and I had better get some shout outs soon from NOG lovers or at least Bakken Oil involved investors....
    I know you all bought this and can't believe what you are seeing and are about to see unfold....

GEOI was good for 24% and BEXP has moved nicely but I did not buy it....... now it's our turn!!!!
    Love~ stoney

#12     May 15, 2008
  3. I am moving from undying hope to undying here. In my effort to be careful and only present the most stable of these small gushers I have aligned myself on the snail while's many a fleet footed thoroughbred has raced past me.... you've seen the gaudy numbers everyone is getting rich but me. Yes 16% or something gain that's good- but that could be gone overnight; other stks are doubling left and right. My management won't put out a hyped up press release. Great I have good management. UGH.

What's the most distressing of course is all this attention the Bakken is getting these last two days... these are speculative blow offs and who will be around to feel the rath of the whole sector imploding?.... me the snail....

This should edge past $12.50 today, I hope and I might just sell.... who am I kidding? I'll hold and make the round trip. God this is frustrating. I gather none of you followed my advice or I'd be getting more hits on this thread... Thank goodness we traded GEOI & BEXP but of course we didn't hold em' .

~stoney

#13     May 21, 2008
  4. Thinking about changing horses to Kodiak nice interday windown today... watching it. ~si

May 29, 2008
    KOG
    Kodiak Oil & Gas-KOG: XTO deal shows attractiveness of KOG's holdings@BMOC
    After XTO Energy (XTO) agreed to acquire 68 MMBOE of Bakken Shale proven reserves for $1.9B, BMO Capital notes that Kodiak has an approximately 30K net acre position of the same Bakken Shale. The firm believes the XTO deal emphasizes the attractive economics of the Bakken Shale, and they advise buying Kodiak "with both hands."

May 21, 2008
    11:24 EDT KOG
    theflyonthewall.com: Rec-Upgrade story about KOG from Thomas Weisel
    Thomas Weisel upgraded shares with a $7.25 target.

#14     May 29, 2008
  5. Finally some NOG love!!!! TARGET $16

(NOG) Northern Oil & Gas - Howard Weil initiated NOG with a Outperform and a $16 target. Firm notes that given that NOG has no in-house operational staff, its business strategy is to monetize the value of its leasehold by converting acreage to production through leveraging partners with operational expertise in each play, and says that expect the co to participate in ~3 net wells this year and 4-7 net wells next year with a possibility of funding 10+ net wells next year if activity warrants. ~ stoney

#15     May 30, 2008
  6. Aw jeeze BEXP is KILLING ME!!~!!!!!!

The one I flipped is flipping out announcing new discoveries and what not the stock is exploading today from $14.50 to $16.00 and then there's NOG!

I should start a tv show about this stock. Whatever if every $9 stock of mine was $11.50 I'd be happy but we all know the sick truth here-- NOG should be $20 by now... well I can go about this two ways... I can bitch and complain about my 1200 share position or I could really buy it in size putting my chips on the late runner....

What to do? ~ :confused: ~si

#16     Jun 2, 2008
  7. Oh and Keybank today is all over the Bakken story... still getting details don't have individual names yet....

Keybanc highlights the Bakken oil play in the Williston Basin
    - successful due to the elevated crude prices
    -innovations in horizontal drilling, fracture and completion technologies.

Firm notes that US Geological Survey estimates 3.0-4.3 bln barrels of recoverable oil in Bakken.

#17     Jun 2, 2008
  8. I can't believe I started this thread on April 14th! How depressing. But we are moving now on the coat tails of BEXP despite being the better play... Well, I guess that part is debatable... in the long run in terms of how much they would get for a buyout I believe NOG gets at least $20... can't slam BEXP though they are tapping wells and getting out press releases at a furious clip....

Well here we go folks! $12.00 on the way today and what after that? Should I buy more here oil doesn't appear to be going much lower than $120... and this is all about supply and Bakken region has the now supply...

Who is with me on this name? Should I just ride out my position @$9 and sell at $15 or should I buy massive and close my eyes? ~ stoney

#18     Jun 2, 2008
  9. just21

just21

Bakken feature on Bloomberg TV today, they will probably repeat it every hour.

#19     Jun 3, 2008
  10. #20     Jun 3, 2008