Bait & Switch

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Doubter, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Yep, good point. Everything that's wrong with this country - the disaster in Iraq, huge trade and budget deficits, stagnant wages, unprecedented anti-american sentiment all over the world...this is all Maji's fault, it has nothing to do with neocons and those who voted them into power.

#21     Nov 22, 2006
  2. No, neocon is not the new catch word again. I don't know the catch words for the left, as I am not a leftie. However, being a centerist, I know the catch word is "change".

No, i don't do those things you described at business meetings.

You can't blame me for that... I did NOT vote for chimpboy. Look into the mirror and you will see the parrot.

#22     Nov 22, 2006
  3. _________________________________________________

One broken promise!! In the final days of the 2006 campaign the dim senatorial leadership promised Jon Tester of Montana a seat on the Senate Appropriations committee so that they would not lose that important position they had with Conrad Burns. Then only a few days after the election Harry Reid said "Sorry Montana it ain't gonna happen." Bait and switch!

As time goes on I am sure the duplicity and corruption of this group will definitely increase.

#23     Nov 22, 2006
  4. _____________________________________________

Clinton was as centrist as he was honest. Disbarred, pardoned known criminals for cash, sold missle technology to the North Korean and Chicoms, lied to the people and the courts, had more military deaths per year than Bush, sold out our resources for campaign cash, raped, and whatever else is corrupt you could imagine. You really expect us to give him a saintly pass for these things. But if you want to say the demonizing started then that is your choice but do you really think it will magically stop now?
    The bad actors in the reps are basically gone now but the corrupt dims are still there so good luck in trying to cover that up.

#24     Nov 22, 2006
  5. Oct 20 2006, Harry Reid: "I will work very hard with Max Baucus to get Jon Tester on the Senate Appropriations Committee as soon as possible."

So first of all the promise was NOT made to Montana residents, second it was not the promise of a seat, Reid promised to try his best to get that seat. And lastly "as soon as possible" does not mean immediately, it means as soon as possible.

A bit closer but still no cigar.

What are you smoking? :confused:

#25     Nov 22, 2006
  6. ________________________________________________

The promise was made to Montana residents or why would he have made the promise public just 3 weeks before the election. The bait was to try to influence the election. Your claims that this was not meant for the ears of Montanas is a pure lie.

Check the death figures from 1992 to 2000 and 2000 to 2006. No smoke you just can't face the truth.

#26     Nov 22, 2006
  7. Are you at all familiar with the word metaphor.

#27     Nov 22, 2006
  8. The promise was made to Montana residents
    While we may legitimately disagree on who the promise was made to, you conveniently avoided the fact that Reid did not promise a seat, he promised to try to get that seat and not immediately but ASAP.

Check the death figures from 1992 to 2000 and 2000 to 2006.
    Oh, but I did:

Military DEATHS of all causes:
    Clinton - 7514 over 8 years (1993-2000)
    Bush Senior - 6224 over 4 years
    Reagan - 17200 over 8 years
    Dear Leader - 5194 for the first 4 years of his presidency (2001-2004)
    http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/natsec/RL32492.pdf

Jeez, the angry right is desperate.

#28     Nov 22, 2006
  9. Main Entry: met·a·phor
    Pronunciation: 'me-t&-"for also -f&r
    Function: noun

a figure of speech in which a word or phrase literally denoting one kind of object or idea is used in place of another to suggest a likeness or analogy between them (as in drowning in money); broadly : figurative language
    http://www.webster.com/dictionary/metaphor

#29     Nov 22, 2006
  10. DD...

The figures that the chickenshits provide to compare deaths of servicemen during Clinton's and chimpboy's tenure represents deaths of all military personnel on active duty. The inbreds compare that figure from Clinton years with deaths only from Iraq war and you see the chickenshits squawking about it. Freaking comparing apples to oranges, but then these inbreds are too stupid to realize that.

You can google and find those hate spewing sites and see what I mean.

What is worse is the number of troops being wounded and will be maimed for the rest of their lives. Is there a comparative figure on that? Perhaps the chickenshits can compare that.

#30     Nov 22, 2006