Bailout Proves Elites OWN Congress

Discussion in 'Economics' started by achilles28, Oct 1, 2008.

1. jprad

jprad

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Fact is, there are two forms of democracy; direct and representative.

The U.S. at the federal level is a representative democracy formed as a congressional republic. Most states have some form of direct democracy as well.

#31     Oct 2, 2008
  2. AK100

AK100

Is your next revelation going to be that the Sun always rises in the east :)

Not having a jibe at you Achilles :p

#32     Oct 2, 2008
  3. Some other things may be added to the Senate version of the bill:

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Global_Economy/JJ03Dj02.html

"Also, the bill that emerged out of the Senate is loaded with constituent goodies pretty much unrelated to the financial crisis. Among these are adjustments of the Alternative Minimum Tax, more tax credits for "green" energy initiatives, even a provision requiring health insurers to treat physical and mental illnesses equally well"

#33     Oct 2, 2008
  4. this is the hypocrisy of the west.human rights my arse. the peasants serve, and the elites rule. this has the way it has always been. except that the brainwashing of the peasants is now much more sophisticated. i must say that american propaganda is first class, the shit on tv is sooo much better than goebbels stuff.

and they dare to tell china what to do??? a country despite all its problems has lifted 300 million pple out of poverty, while the elites threaten to send 300 million in america to poverty and a life of mediocrity???

america. Full of Nonsense.

#34     Oct 2, 2008
  5. Agassi

Agassi

Is there any thing we all can do to stop these mother fuckers??

#35     Oct 3, 2008
  6. poyayan

poyayan

3rd party?

If you have to choose between horse shit or cow dung, cast a protest vote is a way to send a message?

#36     Oct 3, 2008
  7. BSAM

BSAM

Way too many Americans are asleep. We've been "had". The level of corruption today was unthinkable a few years back.

Money was included for wooden arrows, rum, film and television production.....These people should be found guilty of treason.

#37     Oct 3, 2008
  8. Hey John McCain,

You said we would "know their names". The pork pushers had the gall put wooden arrows, rum, film and television production on the most despicable, unpopular, expensive piece of legislation in our history. I haven't heard their names! Who did it?

Or will you tell us only after you are elected.

#38     Oct 4, 2008
  9. My sentiments exactly.

#39     Oct 4, 2008
  10. At the Real Time w/ Bill Maher, they said it's no longer called a Bail out. It's now called Rape Me :D

#40     Oct 4, 2008