Bailout deal DEAD!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by traderpro, Sep 25, 2008.

1. MKTrader

MKTrader

What's interesting is Barney Frank is working so closely with Paulson (don't get too close, there, Hank), and it's a group of Republicans who are leading the revolt.

This throws a monkey wrench into all the simplistic Bush/Paulson/Wall Street/ Conservative Rebublicans vs. Obama/Dems/proletariat/Main Street analysis.

#41     Sep 25, 2008
  2. tango29

tango29

The Dem's love the plan with Paulson in charge on the assumption that Obummer will be elected and Paulson will be out the door and their guy will have the purse strings, appointed by Obummer. Or that Pualson has assured them he will be their lackey because he has discovered what the Pols on both sides know, the greatest job in the world is a Federal job. You live like a king till the day you die.

#42     Sep 26, 2008
  3. HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHA:p

Right, like they listened when we said no to NAFTA? How is the air up there?

#43     Sep 26, 2008
  4. gnome

gnome

You are apparently SOOOOO NAIVE... how do you make it from day-to-day??

#44     Sep 26, 2008
  5. clacy

clacy

BS. Gnome, I agree that these people are definately not in politics to serve anyone other than themselves. BUT, they do love to be re-elected, more than anything. Re-election is like crack to a crack addict.

When people get in an uproar, they have to listen to some degree.

Granted, the vast majority of voters are clueless. The approval rating for congress is extremely low and yet, virtually every incumbent will be re-elected.

#45     Sep 26, 2008
  6. gnome

gnome

That's because the system is rigged... making it very difficult to affect significant change.

:mad: :mad:

#46     Sep 26, 2008
  7. gnome

gnome

#47     Sep 26, 2008
  8. Chood

Chood

It is good and possibly very insightful. Here it is again:

"I suspect that part of what we're seeing in the freezing up of lending markets is strategic behavior on the part of big financial players who stand to benefit from the bailout,'' said David K. Levine, an economist at Washington University in St. Louis, who studies liquidity constraints and game theory.

I would think that the Govt would want to dispel this suspicion and explain more fully why the Treasury Secretary went to Congress a week ago to warn of a precipice.

Or is it like in the movie -- "You can't handle the truth!"

Reply with smiley emoticons if you want Hank, Ben, and Dick on that wall. You know, "You want me on that wall, you need me on that wall."

#48     Sep 26, 2008
  9. you live in a tent dont you?

what year did NAFTA happen?was there Internet back then?cellphones?blackberries?

how fast was the flow of information back then?

completely different times right now.

you made my ignore list.congrats

#49     Sep 28, 2008