Bailout: Buy the rumour, sell the news

Discussion in 'Trading' started by The Kin, Sep 28, 2008.

1. nitro

nitro

I am fortunate to be coming into tomorrow long [ES options] gamma, with a touch of kurtosis. So I can scalp around my position.

Taking a directional view one way or the other before the announcement is,

gambling

Trendline support 1210ish ES. Don't go long it unless you are also long gamma. Otherwise it is,

gambling

You could spread ES/YM or ES/NQ or even YM/NQ. Naked, you are playing with fire.

nitro

#31     Sep 28, 2008
  2. Anyone know what time they're set to vote tomorrow?

#32     Sep 28, 2008
  3. its not all that bad take a look at the headlines tonight HUGE banks/lenders (brandford and bingley) being nationalized in England and the Netherlands (Fortis), this is happening everywhere and frankly with low interest rates we are set to recover from this the quickest, thats why i see at least a decent run up in US markets before elections, this bailout should help, and like i said earlier i prefer slow and steady up RATHER than 100 point up moves followed by 200 point days moves.

#33     Sep 28, 2008
  4. nitro

nitro

Short term flag forming ES. A breakout above 1220 ES is bullish, and a breakdown below 1210 is bearish.

Not to sound like a broken record, but if you can gamma-scalp around those numbers good for you. If you can't then I would only take those levels after an announcement is made. Otherwise, you are

gambling

nitro

#34     Sep 28, 2008
  5. rc5781

rc5781

i gamma scalp in my sleep all the time....

#35     Sep 28, 2008
  6. nitro

nitro

Not in a million years did I believe this would happen the following Monday.

nitro

#36     Sep 29, 2008
  7. ElCubano

ElCubano

wait for tuesday....:eek:

#37     Sep 29, 2008
  8. dhpar

dhpar

unbelievable :(

#38     Sep 29, 2008