Bailing out investment banks, lenders, homebuyers. Is US a free mraket economy?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ProfitMania, Apr 3, 2008.

1. I agree with you $preader.

Hey good news - discount window is open, Fed is bailing out the banks, investors, and homeowners. Everybody's living happily ever after! :D

Faith is restored. Greater bull run soon.

Soros is gonna lose money again betting against the Wall Street and the Fed:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=ajkPSW_domB4

Who can fight the Fed? After all, they're the one who's printing the money for jeff's sake.

#11     Apr 3, 2008
  2. soros_208

soros_208

since the 18-sep-07

there is no more "free market"
    hahaa:cool:

#12     Apr 4, 2008
  3. The US looks more like a commie country. The government is getting too big.

#13     Apr 4, 2008
  4. i think all the fiddling set a dangerous precedence, especially in light of the current state of the economy. The fed is now in the housing business and the banking business. Soon the credit card business and the commercial mortgage business. It interrupts the natural cycle of business, and will create other unintended consequences. The most amazing of which, will be banks who recognize they do not need to consider risk. If the fed is there to backstop - the larger and more bold the risk you take, the more likely you are to get bailed out. There is no motivation to fix the business models or run more efficiently, quite the opposite...

Personally | think the pain is just being prolonged. Rip the bandaid off slow or do it quick..

#14     Apr 4, 2008
  5. bellman

bellman

Exactly!

#15     Apr 4, 2008
  6. That's absolutely fine, as long as I make money.

Take a look at today, as I have said again since 2 days ago - it is a bull run. You guys didn't believe me and called me nuts.

But today is the reality, my friend :D

#16     Apr 4, 2008