Bail Out Nation

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Aaron Copland, Sep 9, 2008.

1. AIG gets bailed out. Man this is no free market economy. Goverment propping up everything.

The down turn will last that much longer as we muddle along.

#11     Sep 16, 2008
  2. You know folks, I am not a born US citizen, but I had to earn it and became US Citizen in 1994....this country still a great country to live and raise your children....I live for TODAY, tomorrow I have no control...I can plan for it..but it's TODAY that counts.

As far as to what is going on, NOTHING compare to other nations.

At times we Americans, (and YES I am a FUCKING American and proud of it,)...we forget the basics....how easily it is to go from point A to point B and not get shot..how easily it is for my son to walk to school and feel at ease that he will be alright...yes, yes I know, even some Americans aren't as lucky.....but you know what...they still have options that can change their lives for the best.

Its great to be an American and live in this GREAT county TODAY! :)

#12     Sep 16, 2008
  3. I understand that the Government has to bailout AIG or else we are in for one hell of a ride...However, how does bailing out AIG fix anything? Why did the market rally? There are still the same fundamental problems?

Aren't, we're creating a whole bunch of additional issues...I'm sure we have all seen what happens when excess cash is printed...No other way to play it though I guess...

#13     Sep 16, 2008
  4. toc

toc

If these bail outs do not happen, then there will be mega crashes in market indicies and RUN RUN RUN on the banks..................remember LA riots?

Result would be USD tanking hard and the whole global economic set up blowing up.

:mad:

#14     Sep 16, 2008
  5. I see that the bailouts need to happen, it's just we're creating a whole bunch of other issues with the bailouts...Lose Lose I guess?

#15     Sep 16, 2008
  6. The US is the new France!

#16     Sep 17, 2008
  7. You watch to much TV. The same thing was said about Lehman, Landis and his side kick Makloda were making the case that Lehmans counter parties would bring the financial system to it's knees.

It's an election year and these crooks are playing politics with our money.

#17     Sep 17, 2008
  8. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

lol

Americans are a BIG gullable bunch of fat motherf*&£^$s that are constantly being taken for a ride by their own administrations. What's happening right now in the US resembles pre-WWII Germany, very much so indeed. I really do see US economy sliding so much to the extent that majority population are fighting for survival, just like in 1930s Germany. A country in huge debt, huge inflation & deflation, no work, no money to pay for bread & milk...all you would need then is another Hitler to unite the masses & blame the Jews for all the mess, again. Trouble is, if this happens, we will all be royally screwed.

Sorry for a typo :)

#18     Sep 17, 2008
  9. Well I guess it did exactly that.

#19     Oct 11, 2008