Bahamas

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by metooxx, Oct 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yes.

It is a free trade area; not a tourist haven ...

#501     Oct 2, 2004
  2. prophet

prophet

The VI Water and Power Authority (WAPA) claims it is 5 to 10 times as expensive to install underground power versus overhead power, per mile. They claim to not have enough money. I doubt both claims. They are horribly inefficient. WAPA charges $0.18 per kilowatt-hour and can get it’s fuel oil from the second largest oil refinery in the western hemisphere 6 miles away at bargain prices. We should have the cheapest electricity and the best infrastructure in all of the Caribbean, but we don’t.

Power outages are rare. I've never tried broadband on St. Croix. You can get very reliable 56K dialup for $9/month. I internet service through tropical storm Jeanne, even during 70 mph winds. After the power went out I was able to periodically get online with my notebook to monitor my systems.

#502     Oct 2, 2004
  3. ok but St Croix is in the US Virgin Islands- not the Bahamas- so it's the US basically. btw I read in TA of S&C that Larry Williams lives there and trade on a dial up connection...

Anyway I would be interested in hearing from people who are currently on GBI . The stuff I read in the local paper has me concerned. Is there a housing shortage after the hurricanes?

Also what about these claims that the Government in Nassau fails to provide adequate funding and help to repair the damages ?

http://freeportclassifieds.nassauguardian.net/pdfEdition_show_pdf.php?file=30092004_A01.pdf

#503     Oct 2, 2004
  4. No housing shortage.

The Port Authority runs GBI; and they have more money than the government ...

#504     Oct 3, 2004
  5. I am leaving a place in Freeport, Bahamas. It will be for rent as of Feb.7, 05. email me direct at dekeuk@hotmail.com if interested.

It is a 2 bedroom 2 bath house with fenced yard, gated driveway and a 2 minute walk to ocean and beach resort. price is $1000 per month, an excellent deal. Comes fully furnished and is very clean.

#505     Jan 20, 2005
  6. d*mn that's cheap. why?

#506     Mar 24, 2005
  7. Inland.

#507     Mar 24, 2005
  8. MACD

MACD

No new posts???

Would like to move to Bahamas and want to connect with other traders there for info and exchange of ideas.

I am very profitable.

Thanks

#508     Feb 3, 2006
  9. Sent you PM ...

#509     Feb 3, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.