Baggerlord's Method For Scalping the YM

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by baggerlord, Aug 13, 2003.

1. What does this mean?

#11     Aug 14, 2003
  2. nkhoi

nkhoi

#12     Aug 14, 2003
  3. ... for some reason... you're calls in ET Chat is wrong a lot...

or do you trade a different way from the calls... or have a dual strategy... Chat Strategy and Real Strategy...

Probably my illusion...

#13     Aug 14, 2003
  4. I've only made a few calls in the room, most of them have been OK though. I've only made two calls with this method, both this morning.

#14     Aug 14, 2003
  5. Caution! Caution!

I just look up the book that your method is based on it. The Compleat Book is written by....

Jake Bernstein.

Run do not walk... run from that system

#15     Aug 14, 2003
  6. I'm not trading that system. I've changed it around quite a bit and it really doesn't trade the same as he had it.

#16     Aug 14, 2003
  7. sempai

sempai

Baggerlord,

Does the opposite apply for these entries? In other words, for pullbacks, can you go long after 2 bars completely above the HMA then a lower high, and on range trades, go long when the opposite conditions apply to what you've described?

Thanks.

Sempai

#17     Aug 14, 2003
  8. \

Yep it works the same going long. Note that you need a lower high, and then the high of that bar to be exceeded.

#18     Aug 14, 2003
  9. sempai

sempai

O.K., thanks. I also have a couple of other questions...

What is the purpose of having different MAs of the highs and lows (10 and 8)?

Also, how did you arrive at using a 34 eMA for the trend line, and what do you use it for? Is it just a visual to help determine a trending or trendless market?

Finally, how do you adjust or modify techniques for your own use? For example, you said you've made a lot of changes to this particular method. What is the process you use to come up with something that works for you?

Thanks again,

Sempai

#19     Aug 14, 2003
  10. I'm not sure why the low ma is and the high is 10. That is what is suggested in the book and it seems to work nice. For the 34 ema, it is just a visual aid, no great importance. I changed many things about this method. For example, he recommends using a 5-10 minute chart. I found it to be way too slow on these charts. He recommends in a downtrend to sell at the H-MA, but I have found the price almost never reaches this point. Basically, I just looked at a lot of charts and picked something that seems to work. Let me know how it goes if you try and trade like this. It has done pretty well today, would have done better but I suck and always cut my profits short. Getting better though...

#20     Aug 14, 2003