Baggerlords Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by baggerlord, Aug 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was just using today as an example. I haven't done the math, but I know that my trend trades were much more succesful than the others. I've also looked at the last months worth of ES charts and this confirms it. Now I will take the next two weeks to reconfirm.

#61     Aug 15, 2003
  2. hi. on the positive side, at least you know that you can trade with positive results. and it takes guts to admit that you screwed up,most people only talk about how great they trade and are never wrong. my 2cents would be stick with 1 contract longer,use stop levels and stick with them so then so you do not self destruct. and quit posting your results. posting your results all the time will onyl be a distraction and it doesn't matter what anyone here thinks. once i figured out that i amtrading to make a living and not trying to impress anyone or become george soros then i ahve had constant + results. small but constant. i cover gains too quick but i also cover losses quick and that changed my results. good luck

#62     Aug 15, 2003
  3. I was kind of thinking about that. My trading didn't go south until I started talking about it. Up until then I was a robot. Maybe I will give a weekly recap every now and then, but I think I do need to focus on trading for a while and not get distracted by all the nonsense that goes on here.

#63     Aug 15, 2003
  4. I respectfully disagree.

It depends on the person.

True, it really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, but posting the results and/or thoughts could serve a purpose.

I started posting my swingtrading journal when I started my swingtrading adventure in June. There were many times when I wanted to end the journal. I came close to discontinuing it a few times. But I'm glad that I didn't. If I have a 1 week period where I don't want to do it anymore, I'll stop. I don't want to discontinue the journal because there is a day or two that I have negative feelings towards it.

Writing a journal on ET helps me feel accountable for what I'm doing. At this point I consider it an obligation and I also enjoy it. It's serving a purpose for me.

So Baggerlord, if you feel that you are benefiting from writing a journal on Elitetrader or that you believe that there is a possibility that you could benefit from it, continue.

Everytime that I get too confident or cocky when talking to friends or family, I am sure to experience drawdowns. It's amazing how that happens. Funny how our subconscious mind leads us.

The great thing about EliteTrader is that we can choose to, or not to, participate and/or get distracted by the "nonsense" that goes on here.

Just have positive and constructive intentions and respond to and participate in positive and/or constructive posts.

I believe that each and every post can help someone in some way. Everything serves a purpose. It's kind of like how we all can benefit from a book or seminar in some way, even if we don't agree with the method. (at a minimum, we can learn what not to do)

Wish you the best,
    gotta_trade

#64     Aug 15, 2003
  5. Ditch,

The attack on Baggerlord was very unprofessional...Talk business and not down to him and both will be better served....Give him a better method...If you have one... He is so close to 2 perfect strategies and doesn't know it..He is on the right track....he is getting hot, hot.....Give him a year or two and see what his record is. Best Wishes

#65     Aug 16, 2003
  6. No need to get on Ditch, I had that one coming. I haven't exactly been humble the last month, and the last thing I need now is sympathy.

#66     Aug 16, 2003
  7. funny, i only thought that happned to me. i have learned just to say nothing when asked about how i'm trading trading. or just give a neutral answer like"good" or "fine".

#67     Aug 16, 2003
  8. I'm done with this site. There is too much BS here and I am sick of it. Just see the Mental Ceilings thread if you don't know what I am talking about.

I have found a distinct negative correlation between my post count and my trading balance. Posting here distracts me from trading, studying, and makes me too emotional.

I am more serious now than ever about making trading my career, and I have too many books to read and charts to study to waste all my time sifting through the BS on this site, deciphering Hershey, and arguing with fools that think they are trading gods.

So, thats it. Thank you very much to all the genuine traders here that have contributed useful info, unfortunately you are the minority.

Mods, please don't close this journal because my next post is going to announce 1 of 2 events.

1. I have given up on trading as a career.
    2. I have turned my 2k into 100k.

Either way it will be a while so don't let it keep you up at night.

Peace out, keep it real, God bless, and good trading.

Baggerlord

:D :( :) :p :cool: :mad: :confused: :eek:

#68     Aug 16, 2003
  9. Ditch,

I spoke too quickly...Baggerlord deserves your comments and maybe more....He is apparently trading with the changing ticks when he feels like it.....Excuse my remarks to you as you are proven correct after I read his posts...

A simple 2/3 trade per day system is what he needs if he can maintain his discipline...Longer term charts will not give as many fake moves. 10 or 15 should be his charts....maybe 5 min. Save the charts, study the repetition, change the parameters, study the repetition, SAVE MORE CHARTS and find that which works often. Study dead charts day and night and test with realtime if possible to confirm tests. Vertical line brings the dead back to life...

Baggerlord is very close to having the parameters that will work....WORK OUTSIDE THE BOX..

#69     Aug 16, 2003
  10. manz66

manz66

baggerlord,

ET taught you how to trade. Last posting of your trade was at 08-06-03 11:09 AM, using Hershey method, you made in a day +69 points. Then at 08-14-03 you blewout, so now 08-16-03, ET IS BS, AND Hershey is too difficult to 'decipher'.

You wrote, ' I was feeling like hot shit. I decided since I doubled my money I would double my positions.', so whose fault is it? You are a greedy, gambling, arrogant trader, and market humbled you. Now, stay in your cave.
    :p :p

#70     Aug 16, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.