Baggerlords Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by baggerlord, Aug 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yep I am playing online. I started with a few hundred but I am up thousands by now, wouldn't even think of going pro until I have a comfortable bank roll.

Thanks Nkhoi. Good luck in your trading.

#211     Oct 30, 2003
  2. another one bites the dust :( We have a pretty vicious attrition rate for ES/NQ traders here... More like 99%.........

#212     Oct 30, 2003
  3. That's not fair. If I can get 1000% return playing cards, or whatever, I will quit trading now.

#213     Oct 30, 2003
  4. But this one quit while he was about $100 ahead. :)

Seriously, poker is just so much easier that I don't feel the need to get myself all stressed out trying to beat the markets. I realized I would rather do a little math than try and predict the future. The hours are much nicer as well. If I hadn't found poker I would still be trading for sure, but I did some numbers last night and I am making over $50 an hour, and that is a huge amount of money for me.

#214     Oct 31, 2003
  5. If you are making $50 an hour playing $5/10 you are a phenomonen. Congratulations. 5 big bets an hour is incredible.

#215     Oct 31, 2003
  6. Keep in mind this is in hi/lo. If I said I was doing that in holdem I would be full of it.

EDIT: I also play multiple tables when there are a few going. Makes a big difference.

#216     Oct 31, 2003
  7. Ive often thought it would be possible to design software that could play limit holdem. The competition in the lower limits is atrocious but its hard to make a living. Playing multiple games could solve this problem. I can handle three at a time but just barely. A computer could play many games at once. The rules for a winning system at low limits is not that complicated.

#217     Oct 31, 2003
  8. There are rumors that people are already doing that, but it is all just speculation I think. I can't stand playing the low limit tables, too many fish, and when have 4 fish calling you to the river when you hold AA, you are an underdog to win. Gets old. The only holdem I play now is in tournaments where skill usually prevails.

#218     Oct 31, 2003
  9. No, you are still the favorite to win, but your chances of winning the hand go down when compared to, say, 2 fish calling you to the river. On the other hand, your expectation with more players in the pot goes up.

Nice to hear of your online exploits :)

#219     Oct 31, 2003
  10. I've set a goal for myself, I have cashed out all but $100 from my account. If I can turn that into 1k within a week I am putting in my two weeks notice and going pro. Wish me luck!

#220     Nov 1, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.