Baggerlords Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by baggerlord, Aug 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. izeickl

izeickl

Im still reading your posts, even though I dont comment...still find em interesting.

#191     Sep 20, 2003
  2. I also enjoy your journal. I also love to trade and to play poker. I dont know what limits youre playing now but each jump up the competion gets tougher. Doubling your money in 6 hours is a bit unusual. My poker equity curve looks a lot like a stock chart. Fortunately its going up but there are pullbacks. There are periods when no matter how well you play, nothing works. You get good hand after good hand beat. This can go on for days and how you weather these spells will determine your fate. If you try to double up at these times you will wipe out. I think you will find after awhile that its tough to make a living at it. I usually play a couple of hours in the evening after the market closes but its purely recreational. It is an excellent exercise for trading, imo.

#192     Sep 21, 2003
  3. Howdy folks. Still haven't gotten around to that currency analysis, been working ungodly hours. Getting ready for winter of course. :)

Does anyone know of a site that gives free weekly and monthly currency charts? I am using saxobank right now, but they only give a few currencies.

I agree poker has some extremely frustrating downturns, and I wouldn't consider trying to make a living off it unless I was much more successful than I am now, for a period of at least a year. Back down to around $200 after a fairly nasty dry spell.

#193     Sep 21, 2003
  4. How can you live on $200 a year>

My rent alone is $490 a month - where do you live? How much is the rent?

#194     Sep 21, 2003
  5. #195     Sep 21, 2003
  6. Is this a serious question? I will pretend it is I guess. I never said anything about living off $200, this is my current poker account balance.

Thanks for the site easyrider.

#196     Sep 21, 2003
  7. That site gives charts for currency futures, anyone know a site that gives free weekly and monthly pair charts?

#197     Sep 21, 2003
  8. Well this is really starting to turn into a poker journal, but oh well it is tied into trading. I've started playing Omaha Hi and like it a lot better than texas holdem. I think it is more skill, and easier to determine if you should keep playing or not. I'm playing PL 25 right now and doing pretty damn good just by betting big when I have the nut(best) hand. Made $80 in the last hour. Currency analysis still to come, lol.

#198     Sep 21, 2003
  9. I am going to try something. I am going to trade basically JR's breakout method on currencies, only I am going to do it off weekly charts. It seems as good as any other breakout method, so I am going to give it a shot. There aren't any trades setting up right now, and when they do they will be held for a few weeks at least unless it doesn't do what it is supposed to. If anyone knows a site that gives charts for most currency pairs for free, please let me know. Saxobank only gives 6 and I want to follow more.

#199     Sep 22, 2003
  10. What are you talking about? Saxo has 14 currency pairs listed in its free chart.

Sorry, I just checked. If you have signed up as a member, you get the 14, otherwise there are 7 available to the general public. However, if you access Saxo's chart via www.forexdirectory.net there are about 26 USD currency pairs and 15 crosses.

#200     Sep 22, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.