Baggerlords Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by baggerlord, Aug 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Long GBP/USD and Short USD/CAD, both earlier this afternoon, up 30 tics on the GBP and 10 on the CAD. CAD is breaking a long range, maybe it will drop hard. Nice DB on the GBP. Hehe I like using acronyms. I am watching a few others very close. Next week could be a very profitable week with everything setting up right now.

#171     Sep 4, 2003
  2. Closed out half my GBP position for 100 pip profit.

I am playing poker too now. It is easy compared to trading. I've turned 100 into 175 in 5 days playing .25 .50 holdem about an hour a day. There are some real chumps out there. Now I have something to keep me busy while I'm waiting for currency action. The game is good for my discipline too.

#172     Sep 7, 2003
  3. My current positions:

Long: EUR/USD, GBP/USD, USD/JPY
    Short: USD/CAD, USD/CHF

My $100 poker account is up to $230 now. Playing on the .50 1.00 tables.

#173     Sep 9, 2003
  4. Sounds fun. What site do you use for poker? One of the guys at my work turned $5K into $15K in online poker.

-FastTrader

#174     Sep 9, 2003
  5. I play on pacific poker. To be honest it really isn't that fun, it is actually pretty boring most of the time. Seems like an easy way to make money though. I'm amazed at how bad most of the players are. All I know is what I read on a few sites and I am winning from day one. A heck of a lot easier then trading. Who knows, I may end up a pro gambler and currency trader. Wouldn't that be a hoot.

#175     Sep 9, 2003
  6. Took partial profits on all of my positions today, everything is looking good. The only weak one is JPY, but I am up on it because I have been trading around the long position. Back down to my base holding level(2500) now on all currencies except that I am completely out of the Euro at +200 pips. Up about 10% this week on closed trades, another 1% on open ones.

#176     Sep 9, 2003
  7. Just thought I would share that I am learning a ton about discipline from playing poker. I feel it would benefit most anyone to study a little poker strategy even if you have no desire to play it. There you go, FWIW.

Got my account from $100 to over $500 now. :) Swithched to party poker because they have way more players. Up to the $1 $2 table now. Give it a try. If you are a decent trader you might be suprised how easy it is. :)

#177     Sep 9, 2003
  8. Closed out all positions for the week, up about 16%. My strategy makes picks over the weekend and positions are taken by Tues, and must be closed by Fri.

Poker: Games are getting tougher around 2/4, tried dropping down to .50/1 and playing 3 tables at a time. Made $50 in an hour last night, think I will keep doing this.

#178     Sep 10, 2003
  9. Don't want this to turn into a poker journal, but I know there are lots of interested folks here. I'm still doing the 3 tables at a time thing, and I am averaging $25/hr doing this. Not bad! That is off the .50 1.

Currency: Only a few interesting things setting up for next week, will post more on them tomorrow.

Other stuff: I'm starting to learn spanish.

#179     Sep 12, 2003
  10. Eur/Usd. No real bias, it could continue up or reverse. Probably no trade, unless a nice swing trade sets up on the daily.

Usd/Jpy. Definite long bias. Will probably take the trade on Mon or Tues.

Usd/Chf. Potential Short, but will be on guard for a reversal.

Gbp/Usd. Long bias, probably no trade.

Aud/Usd. No trade unless a "must take" setup appears on the daily.

Usd/Cad. Looking to go short.

Eur/Jpy. Will go either way if a nice pattern sets up on the daily. This one looks risky so will take a smaller position.

Poker: Up to $600, started playing 3 tables at $1/2. Players are a little better but not much. Much $90 in 40 minutes this morning. Poker rocks. :)

#180     Sep 13, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.