Baggerlords Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by baggerlord, Aug 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corvus

corvus

Not to mention that currencies are nicely trending and he can keep his r:r balanced appropriately.

#161     Sep 3, 2003

2. So you make $200 in a few weeks and now you have a niche?

But you blow up a few thousand in trading dow futures so thats not your niche?

He has a long way to go until he can honestly say he found a niche.

--MIKE

#162     Sep 3, 2003
  3. Well to be accurate I haven't actually lost money trading yet. I've had some interesting equity swings, but I am actually net positive. I'm not saying I've found a niche or have it all figured out, just that this seems to be the easiest market to trade for me.

#163     Sep 3, 2003
  4. Well this isn't a trading story but it sure is a good one. Raised me some trading money too.

So I am new to Mammoth and nobody here really knows anything about me. They don't know I am a damned good submission wrestler, or that I used to hustle chess players for a liiving.

There is a local tough guy here, about 6'3 230, that is also a bit of a hustler himself. I pick this up from some guys I work with that have lost some dough to him.

I am at a houseparty tonight and this guy is there. He is running his game, trying to get some money, but everyone is on to him, except me, the new guy. I haven't even told my friends here that I was a competitive grappler/NHB fighter in WA.

So people start telling me that I can take him, and I say I really don't think so, he looks pretty tough. Eventually the guy talks me into it, offering 3-1 odds. I put up $20 saying this all I can afford to lose. We head out to the backyard and go at it. Of course he lets me beat him, as he is a hustler and has to set me up. I act like a total moron, throwing looping wild punches and even a goofy karate kick for good measure. I can tell he is playing with me because I have a good feel for this kind of stuff. After a minute he lets me get him in a weak choke hold and I run around like an idiot after I beat him, whooping and hollering. I'm also pretending to be drunk to encourage him. I'd had maybe half a beer.

OK, so here we go again. He wants a rematch, 3:1 again, and I put up the $60. I figure he'll let me win one more time to set me up for the big score. That is exactly how it went, he let me win even easier this time. I win this time by basically sitting on his face, and pulling his head up. It was all I could do not to start laughing. Of course I am still acting like an idiot making pro wrestler faces and yelling I am the champ.

So here comes the big one. I've got $180 of his money and he says he wants one more chance, but he will only give me 2:1 odds this time because he thinks I am pretty good. I say OK, fair enough. I act like I am really drunk, whisper(loudly) to my friend that this guy is a chump and say I want to bet $400. He tries to act nervouse and then agrees. I get my friends to lone me the money and we have $1200 in a paper bag. (BTW anyone that has 1k lying around is either a hustler or a drug dealer)
    We face off and I can tell he is serious this time. He throws a few punches and I act like I am hurt and let him run around behind me. Of course this is a setup for my favorite move, the kimura arm lock. It is devastating and nobody except grapplers have seen it. So he is on the ground with a dislocated something or other, and I grab the money and run, because his friends don't look to happy, and he seems to think he has been hustled.

Just got home a few minutes ago, and now I have 1k more to trade with.

Yay!

If you want to see where the kimura ends up here it is.
    http://sherdog.com/fightfinder/sherdogsfightpics.cfm?matchId=383

If you think this is BS, oh well, I'll be OK. I'll play with my bag of tewnties to comfort myself.

:)

#164     Sep 4, 2003
  5. ptt

ptt

WTG!
    not saying I believe you or not, but it was a very entertaining story.

IF you do not make it trading you can always be a writer.

#165     Sep 4, 2003
  6. nkhoi

nkhoi

it go to show if you know the set up inside out you will make money on it, btw which tape show the best of kimura I never saw him all I have are some UFC tapes.

#166     Sep 4, 2003
  7. Are you saying that he continued to give you 3 to 1 odds after you beat him the first time, even if he thought of it as a setup? He must not be too bright.

#167     Sep 4, 2003
  8. Well the best clip of a kimura I think is the match that picture is from, Sakuraba vs. Royler Gracie. That was the match that made me fall in love with that move. He sets him up perfectly, lets him run around behind and then hits it. Beautiful.

I ended up only sending 1k to my currency account. That is enough for now I think. With my new dough I can open a stock account too if I want. I don't think I will though. I really like currency.

#168     Sep 4, 2003
  9. That was product of him not being too bright and me setting him up perfectly. I played him like a fool, even in my winning I gave the impression that I am clueless. This is very hard to do so he probably assumed I was real. Without meaning to brag, you also have to keep in mind that there are very few people that can do what I can do, and he probably had never run into someone like myself before. :D

#169     Sep 4, 2003
  10. There seem to be a few double bottoms and tops setting up right now. Might have to trade this week if any of them complete.

Tops:USD/CHF
    Bottoms: AUD/USD, EUR/USD, GBP/USD

#170     Sep 4, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.