Bad News For the Dems

Discussion in 'Politics' started by drjekyllus, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Arnie

Arnie

So far, Obamas' game plan is either make a speech or spend some more money. My bet is people will be tired of both in 39 months.

#11     Jun 9, 2009
  2. Yeah attack the messenger, thats original.

#12     Jun 9, 2009
  3. The messenger in question was associated with the false "swiftboating" of Kerry during the 2004 election period, which even responsible Republicans were disgusted by. So much for your "messenger."

#13     Jun 9, 2009
  4. I seriously doubt the Heritage Foundation participated in the 2004 election. To do so would imperil their tax exempt status.

As for the "false" swiftboating, this is another liberal fantasy. a large number of vets who served with kerry were disgusted at the idea he might become president. When they saw how he had embellished his service record, which to this day has never been publicly released, they exercised their right to dissent from the media version. The vast majority of liberals have never known anyone who served in the military, so they were shocked and appalled that these guys took their service seriously.

#14     Jun 9, 2009
  5. Ther Heritage "Foundation" holds Jerome Corsi in high regard, essentially endeavoring to legitimize the thug. Corsi played a role in the Kerry Swift Boating smear campaign.

As for the rest of your post, it is utterly full of shit. Even Republican John McCain found the smearing of Kerry's honorable military record to be repugnant.

#15     Jun 9, 2009
  6. Hey fruitcake, the numbers and the graphic are from the Washington Post. Do you have anything that disputes these numbers?

Put up or shut up.

#16     Jun 9, 2009
  7. Tom B

Tom B

What are the false facts in this ad? Kerry's own words on this video hurt him.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/phqOuEhg9yE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/phqOuEhg9yE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#17     Jun 9, 2009
  8. If I recall correctly Rasmussen Polls had Mccain beating Obama

#18     Jun 9, 2009
  9. No you did not recall correctly. You recalled completely wrong.
    Rasmussen had the Obama McCain election as such.

Obama 52 McCain 46

The actual outcome was

Obama 52.9 McCain 45.7

Thats pretty freaking good if you ask me. Here is the link.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/us/general_election_mccain_vs_obama-225.html

Look at Rasmussen compared to the others. Rasmussen was absolutely spot on.

Your argument is wasted. Nice try though.

#19     Jun 9, 2009
  10. I see a lot of name-calling and smears from you, no facts. Typical liberal argument. Create a fantasy, ie that Kerry was somehow violated by having his own words replayed and by having other vets tell their account of what really happened, then repeat it endlessly to create a liberal media factoid. Then get some moron like McCain, who loathes any critism of any politician, to denounce it.

I could never understand why the media thought only Kerry's account of what an incredible war hero he had been was credible. The accounts of others, like his commanding officer, who scoffed at kerry for putting in for a Purple Heart for scratches, somehow were not credible. In fact, they were not only not credible, they were lying smears. The media had no such reluctance however when it came to criticism of George Bush's military career. They eagerly swallowed obviously forged documents that "proved" what the media always knew in its heart was correct.

ps. Why didn't Kerry ever release his service files, so the "lies" could be disproved?

#20     Jun 9, 2009