Bad Home Sales Numbers

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Joab, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Joab

Joab

Read the whole thread and don't be so lazy.

I've written my outlook clearly.

but don't worry I will keep this thread alive so that I can say.

I TOLD YOU SO ..... LOL :p

#51     Apr 24, 2007
  2. Whaaaaaaaat? The past few years have been nothing but stories of how wonderful realestate is. The bad news hasnt been here very long at all. Were just getting started.

#52     Apr 24, 2007
  3. Exactly.

That is a reality. While the headlines have been doom and gloom for a long time, the actual economic multiplier effects are JUST NOW beginning to hit the consumer and his/her psychology.

This is why housing, automobile, and now, retail sales are starting to slow.

Pay special attention to restaurant earnings from chain companies such as Brinker (EAT).

This is the relevant time in terms of the nexus between the housing meltdown and broader financial markets.

It is going to be extraordinarily spectacular.

Bloomberg reported that even THE HAMPTONS are slowing - and that the highest end of consumers (The Thurston Howell III Hampton type) are starting to feel 'anxious.'

Stanley Johnson is in debt up to his eyeballs, but he has a new car, new house, and a country club membership.

Ta-ta.

#53     Apr 24, 2007
  4. I'm sure you are right bylowsellhigh, but nobody else seems to have notiecd yet. Maybe durables will be weak....

#54     Apr 24, 2007
  5. I'm sure you are right bylowsellhigh, but nobody else seems to have notiecd yet. Maybe durables will be weak....

#55     Apr 24, 2007
  6. And lift off for the housing stocks. Joab - At the end of the day this is a huge disappointment and a very bad sign.

#56     Apr 24, 2007
  7. Yep. The market does not, and has not, given a flying f&%k about "the numbers" for quite some time now. There's a semi-permanent bid under the market because of powerful global growth, lbo and pe deals, better than expected earnings, and a "30% OFF!" for sale sign placed on US equities by the lower dollar.

#57     Apr 24, 2007
  8. Joab

Joab

look you guys are right (euphoria) BUT eventually the market will do what it has to do !!!

It's simple auction dymanics.

Supply / Demand

Whenever there is a significant change in one the other will pay the price and it's always a solitary event that changes the dynamic.

This is it !

< sings > Time is on my side... yes it is ..... Time is on my side .... yes it is.

#58     Apr 24, 2007
  9. "look you guys are right (euphoria) BUT eventually the market will do what it has to do !!!"

Wow, so the market will go down someday? Very useful and highly accurate, thanks Joab.

#59     Apr 24, 2007
  10. So true Joab. And so often the event is not what one would predict. IMHO traders need not care (if you do then you are not a trader but an investor in your own ego) as they can trade what they see.

#60     Apr 24, 2007