Bad Home Sales Numbers

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Joab, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Although I'm ahead goog, has been dissapointing. It has underperformed the markets this year and is still 33 points off the 52 week high in spite of a great earnings report.

Once reason why it keeps selling off is cause of Eric 'dickhead' schmitt and sergy lary and other **** keeps sellign massive blocks of insider shares on the market

#31     Apr 24, 2007
  2. It's amazing that you only own winners, especially given the advance/decline line.

*Edit - Sorry for that nasty bit, stock/trad3r. I stooped to a level of personal insult I pledged I would not do, no matter what. My apologies.

#32     Apr 24, 2007
  3. I own some crap as well

AMR and BIDU have been dooing poorly revently so I'm down on those. My stake in HANS and TIE are down and flat respectivly.

but the market is up so you would expect to have more winners than loser

#33     Apr 24, 2007
  4. This is the first data set of relevance.

The second one is tomorrow - durable goods and new home sales.

That's why entering into long positions now is hazardous to one's health. The durable goods number has the potential to take everything down.

#34     Apr 24, 2007
  5. right, durables goods will do it. If not that one, then GDP will do it. Take a look at the spec positioning in stock index futures, they have a massive short. SQQUUUEEEEEEZZZEEEEE. Bull mkt, goes up on bearish news, goes up on bullish news. Faders never prosper.

#35     Apr 24, 2007
  6. Joab

Joab

ummmm

Specs are the ones that move the market short term just in case you didn't know.

Sheesh when will people ever learn that futures are used primarily for hedging the big boys ???

#36     Apr 24, 2007
  7. Thanks for clearing that up Joab, very informative. keep selling

#37     Apr 24, 2007
  8. Joab, "This is to be taken seriously folks." Is it? Is it really Joab?

#38     Apr 24, 2007
  9. Did you sell it? Should we sell it now? Or now?

#39     Apr 24, 2007
  10. I never said to fade this market - not just yet, at least.

I am saying it will not be rewarding to be long.

Every piece of ammo has been used to prop up these share prices, and it is not coming from retail inflows. Share buybacks are at record levels, Mergers, LBOs, general Private Equity 'borrowed money (OPM) chasing over-priced assets, etc. has been used to prop it up.

Everything had a beginning and an end. And so it is with this cycle. The housing boom has definitively ended, retailers are seeing it, liquidity on the consumer end is shriveling...

I think we'll see terrible durable goods' numbers tomorrow, and none other than the CEO of KB Homes is telling us that the new home number will be fugly, too.

Here is the paradox: Nothing further will boost this market until the fed cuts rates, and maybe those cuts will have to be deeper and more sustained than what people assume now, because of the extent of the housing/mortgage damage.

But the fed won't cut until the economy fundamentally expresses capitulation, most likely taking stocks with it.

To those who say "but I thought you were bullish," I can only say I was, but reserved the right to change my mind.

I am bullish long term. There is no question about that. But if we see slack in the American Consumer, which is a rare event, but may be happening now, it will even dent China, over the short term.

The Target number, along with gas prices, and what will most likely be weakening jobs data, is setting up a nice stage for a summer correction that will hopefully allow fall bargain hunting if the fed can manage to avoid a dirty and nasty recession.

#40     Apr 24, 2007