Bad Home Sales Numbers

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Joab, Apr 24, 2007.

1. TOL back to where it started.

#21     Apr 24, 2007
  2. The Dow is up because of T and IBM. Everything else is down. We will close down.

Teflon market is over. You won't see Eqt_trdr until June or July, at the earliest.

Corporate buybacks and raised dividends are propping the market now.

Outflows have increased.

Anyone who buys here is truly operating on a skewed risk/reward profile.

#22     Apr 24, 2007
  3. Joab

Joab

Congratulations but you cud have caught the ride down too.. :)

#23     Apr 24, 2007
  4. agree risk/reward in general is jolted here.. but still long google.

i thought you were a permabull because of China (saw the light?!) - That's changed?

#24     Apr 24, 2007
  5. [​IMG]

#25     Apr 24, 2007
  6. This number was not a surprise to the Industry of Developers. In fact we expected this number a little sooner.

Once again the Worse 12 month decline forcast is in Vegas where they expect a negitive 8.9% drop in value. Cali is only expecting -5%. This is within a 12 month period. However, there is plenty upside to a lot of areas. Tulsa Ok, San Antonio Tx, McAlane Tx, Endenberg Tx, etc. The spread for value growth is between 4% to 10% in the next 12 months.

New lending laws and Sub Prime fall outs are the main cause of this "Surprise" number. However, you are correct about Liquidity in many inflated areas. I belive you will see some serious recessions on Micro levels. A lot of city's, including Chicago and Miami are in for a storm. But other city's will survive and stay vivrant.

This will not be a "RECESSION" across the board yet. I give it a few more years for the "Growth Areas" to slow. Once that happens then the RECESSION will become Nation Wide and those inflated area's will worsen far more than the stabel area's.

E

#26     Apr 24, 2007
  7. S2007S

S2007S

still wondering if it commercial real estate will be hurt by the slowdown in residential, usually does take a bit longer.

#27     Apr 24, 2007
  8. Or um maybe not

These housing numbers are simply not a big deal

Slowing housing equals less inflation and greater possibility of feb keeping rates the same.

Already the markets are bounding

the dow is in the green and the Sp500 and nasdaq are approaching green

I didn't even know there was a housing number out today cause it doesn't matter to me. I just hold on to my crap and make $$$$$$$$$$$

#28     Apr 24, 2007
  9. Um the numbers wern't important

all the doom and gloom priced in. For the past few years everyone has inundated by the media regarding the so called 'housing collapse' and after awhile traders stop responding.

and apple rebounded

I am long apple and goog (which sucks)

#29     Apr 24, 2007
  10. watching goog as a long is miserable. -2 everyday, sometimes recovers.. then every 5 or so days a 8-15 pt spike.

its a tough habit to quit.

#30     Apr 24, 2007