Bad Home Sales Numbers

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Joab, Apr 24, 2007.

1. lmao.

You have to consider that 'estimate' is from David Lereah, the Tokyo Rose mouthpiece of the National Association of Realtors.

Takes those 'estimates' and ramp them up 3-4x.

#11     Apr 24, 2007
  2. I was going to go out and buy a new car last month, but when I opened my front door, the weather was bad, so I went back inside and haven't opened the door since.:p

#12     Apr 24, 2007
  3. S2007S

S2007S

sales werent great at all and the dow is off 1 point, im sure next month sales will be up by 3% and the market will rally 1%.

Soon as everything looked like it was headed down it propped right back up.

#13     Apr 24, 2007
  4. Nope.

Look at Target, U.S. Steel, and Defense Contractors.

Look at metal prices.

This is going to be a sticky decline.

#14     Apr 24, 2007
  5. Joab: Obviously you're short and believe strongly in your position (and hoping for a hard selloff).

This market isn't up because good news. Its up because there was no-one left to sell any significant size into it, so shorts had to cover. On the other hand, the dollar is shit, and believe it or not, the market is actually -down- when adjusted for currency differences.

Our market is actually cheap (or fairly valued) when you account for the weakness of the currency, despite the runup.

#15     Apr 24, 2007
  6. Weather? They are running out of spin tactics I see :p

Soon the NAR will have articles in every newspaper stating what a great buying opportunity this is. The best buying opportunity of all time!!! Really!!! When prices go down every year for the next 5 years in the hot markets, they'll just claim its getting better every year. F-tards.

#16     Apr 24, 2007
  7. Joab

Joab

scriabinop23

The last time you argued with me you lost... AAPL price did what I projected.

I recommend you heed my warnings on the importance of these numbers. :)

#17     Apr 24, 2007
  8. Is this market up?

I agree that it's down even more on currency-adjusted terms.

#18     Apr 24, 2007
  9. heheh... look at it now. I bought 90s... Look where I am.
    :)

#19     Apr 24, 2007
  10. S2007S

S2007S

everything going up.

#20     Apr 24, 2007