Bad dreams/nightmares

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TrueRange, Feb 7, 2007.

1. fhl

fhl

proverbs 3 verses 21-24

21 My son, let not them depart from thine eyes: keep sound wisdom and discretion:

22 So shall they be life unto thy soul, and grace to thy neck.

23 Then shalt thou walk in thy way safely, and thy foot shall not stumble.

24 When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid: yea, thou shalt lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet.

#31     Feb 15, 2007
  2. stu

stu

The Three Bears Chapter 1 verses 20 to 24

1. 20 Goldilocks was very tired by this time, so she went upstairs to the bedroom.
    1. 21 She lay down in the first bed, but it was too hard.
    1. 22 Then she lay in the second bed, but it was too soft.
    1. 23 Then she lay down in the third bed and it was just right.
    1. 24 Goldilocks fell into the soundest sleep.

#32     Feb 15, 2007
  3. fhl

fhl

1. 25 And then Goldilocks had a horrible nightmare and died of fright. Too bad Goldilocks didn't read the Gideons bible on the nightstand before she went to sleep.

#33     Feb 15, 2007
  4. stu

stu

umm, I tell you what , don't piss around with my fairy tale and I won't mess with yours

#34     Feb 15, 2007
  5. fhl

fhl

I'm sorry I messed around with your sacred writings.

#35     Feb 15, 2007
  6. Thanks to all for you`re responses. The bad dreams are still hanging around.

I have always had them, but they really kicked in around fall of last year. Also my trading has been absolutely horrible lock in step with the increase in nightmares. If I told you that my losing streak has knocked all statistical probabilities out the window I would only be slightly exaggerating. Since the fall I have made 30 trades. With 2 winners out of 30. I have since become gun shy and very unsure of any decision making capabilities. The thing that puzzles me is that I have never had a streak this bad in 7 years trading.

In retrospect I feel like since the fall all my trading focus has been on the money and not the strategy. I believe this will pass, and it is my job as a speculator to make sure I have capital when it does.

You ever believe that something is trying to tell you you should not be trading? Crazy, I know. But when every long you enter goes down and every short you enter goes up immediately you get paranoid!

I forgot to mention, my wife told me she was pregnant with our first in the late summer. :) So that is probably the culprit of my anxiety. I always laughed at people when they said things like "dont try and trade through life changing events, take a break..etc".

#36     Feb 15, 2007
  7. hcour

hcour Guest

Crimeny!

That'll be $400. $200 for the psychiatric advice, $200 for the psychic advice.

Harold

#37     Feb 15, 2007
  8. 300 bid :)

#38     Feb 15, 2007
  9. Well, that sux-ive had a weird , pointless dream for ages, of some guy look's like tom arnold (pink shirt, yellow sports jacket, like in true lies) , hooking up with some broad from Et, something that seemed, on the face of it, highly unlikely.

Seems, that was in fact premonotive.

(yes, i just made that word up)

You have the "getting a room " option, you know.............I just wouldnt like any other unfortunates stumbling across this visage, you know, it's for the common good.

:)

#39     Apr 12, 2007