Bad display since Wednesday or so (font issue)

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by earth_imperator, Sep 2, 2022.

1. Hi operators!
    Since Wednesday or so my old Opera browser cannot display this your website cleanly anymore.
    Instead, the texts are "shrunk", ie. say 4 characters compressed into the space of just 2 characters... :)
    I think you changed the font, but it's buggy and looks IMO bad.
    This happens only with this site! Isn't that mysterious & funny? :)
    I even cleaned all browser caches, restarted the browser, and even restarted the computer. It all did not help.
    Take a look at this screenshot. Can you decipher it? :D
    It affects especially topic names (thread titles) and user names (in thread pages), and some other texts like the heading text below.

ET_font_problem.png

Here's another screenshot:

ET_font_problem_2.png

Last edited: Sep 2, 2022
  2. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

What Opera version do you have considering you stated...

"...so my old Opera browser cannot display..."

Seriously, try updating your Opera or use a different browser. :D

wrbtrader

3. I'm otherwise fine with this browser. Logic says that it's primarily a site issue as it only happens with this site since last Wednesday or so.

4. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

So you're OK with using an outdated Opera browser instead of updating it to see if it is in fact a site issue ?

Yet, nobody else has complained about the site issue nor me considering I too use Opera (latest version since early August)...no issues.

Further, I have Microsoft Edge, Chrome, and Firefox... the latest versions there too, and no issues with this site.

My point, with a simple click, you can easily test other browsers to see if the same site issue remains. If not, then it's definitely a conflict between the site and your outdated browser of Opera.

If that's the case, the solution would be to "update" your Opera considering you're fine with continuing to use it.

This may help considering you're using an Opera version not up to date...

https://forums.opera.com/topic/4171/blurry-text-font-in-opera-antialias-setting

wrbtrader

5. Overnight

Overnight

Are you using it with any Linux flavors?