Bad day for the Democrats

Discussion in 'Politics' started by John_Wensink, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Hard to know if we lost a worthy public man in Edwards. The scandal's been rumored for ages so he probably wasn't VP material but he might have been useful on public health, national insurance, etc.

The one that broke my heart though was Spitzer. He was headed for the WH on the back of those public protection cases and the NY governorship.

At least they porked females - far cry from nameless toilet homos our Rep glory hole boy was working.

Some items on the background of the Edwards fortune -

"He made his fortune suing pool companies because of a dangerous design that sucks children into the drains and they can't be pulled out by adults.

Ironically, the Bush's right hand man, James Baker lost his granddaughter that same way. Sucked into a pool drain and drowned. Her mom couldn't pull her out. If the GOP hadn't mocked his lawsuits and had brought legislation to fix this problem the Baker's granddaughter might be alive.

Many of the children are eviscerated. Their organs sucked out of their bodies.

The design flaw is cheap and easy to fix"

"Hennepin County Medical Center EMS paramedics treated and transported Abigail to Children's Hospital in Minneapolis, where she remains in serious condition and faces a series of surgeries. Doctors removed what was left of her small intestine this past Saturday.

Scott Taylor says his daughter will have to be fed intravenously for the rest of her life and receive all of the nutrients usually obtained from the intestine via IV fluids. She also will have to use a colostomy bag. Bennett reports doctors may insert a port, or connecting site, for a feeding tube.2 Taylor says that, if she ever eats again, she may only get 10% of her nutrition from food.2

"It never even crosses anybody's mind that potential at the bottom of that pool is enough force to literally disembowel a child, an adult," said Taylor. "We view it as a miracle that she's still with us."1

On Wednesday, July 5, she stunned her father by asking, "Am I going to be on the news?" When her parents asked why she was inquiring, Abigail said, "Because I want to make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else."1

Since 1990, 170 people, mostly children, have been caught in drains and 27 of them have died. At least three other children have suffered injuries similar to Abigail's since 1990.3 A similar case in North Carolina became one of the biggest legal victories of presidential candidate John Edwards when, in 1997, a young girl he represented who had been disemboweled by a defective swimming pool drain received a $25 million settlement.2 Note: See the special statistics section at the end of this article"

#51     Aug 9, 2008
  2. Why cant these politicians find better looking chicks to cheat with.Edwards chick,Paula Jones,Lewinsky ,David vitters chick etc are women i don't find remotely attractive

Spitzers chick was kind of cute,but he had to pay for it

#52     Aug 9, 2008
  3. All Obama needs to do is fill a 30 second spot detailing how McCain cheated on and left his first wife because she was no longer pretty due to injures sustained in a car accident

#53     Aug 9, 2008

4. What point don't YOU get? John Edwards was ULTRA critical of BILL CLINTON....forget republicans and their sins...this guy ( Edwards) was using Bubba as a way to elavate himself morally...He was attacking his own party's leader while at the same time drowning his pecker in vagina juice of some videographer....if your a Dem....you should be LIVID with Edwards....

BTW...On a side note...I have said it before and im gonna make the prediction again...BO and a love child WILL come to the surface.

#54     Aug 9, 2008
  5. I still don't get why sex "scandals" are so important.
    If supposed "moral virtue", or loyalty was so gosh darn critical, why dont people abstain (cough) from voting until the pope or dalai lama or someone runs, a monk maybe.

Is it just the hypocrisy of the situation? The perceived deception? Between politics and the web,
    chuck norris could run, and get howled down with indignant slurs when it was discovered he cant *actually* solve global warming by punching it into submission, or wind back nuclear proliferation by staring at the missiles until they disarmed themselves and ran away.

Bad day for democrats, more like a bad day for the scandal rags that didn't get the story first. What a tawdry business.

#55     Aug 10, 2008

6. Sex scandals are windows into the soul of politicians and proof that stereotypes about some really are true.

Try a Google search of Republicans AND

pedophiles
    child molestation
    sex offenders
    gross sexual miscoduct
    child abuse

and so on ....

or throw in homosexual, or family values

There are studies onf political affiliations and sex offender profiles too.

plus it's fun and really sick too:

http://www.armchairsubversive.org/

Tell me that Santorum isn't one twisted looking mothafkr - Gonzales too

http://www.armchairsubversive.org/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=general

:p

:D

#56     Aug 10, 2008
  7. Does Elizabeth Edwards get a pass in all this. I think not, especially if she knew all the while he was running for President. How irresponsible is that?
    She had the education and the means to leave him, which is what she should have done. Instead she, like all the limo lib broads do, stayed to enjoy the money, fame and power. No sympathy for her, none at all.

#57     Aug 10, 2008
  8. That comment is beyond bad taste and so very republican of you. Try to focus on what you actually know, or is that too little to go on?:p

#58     Aug 10, 2008
  9. I have to say I am a little surprised that Edwards is getting the merciless flogging he is getting. No one has stepped up to say it is a private matter and no one's business. That was all we heard when it was Clinton who got caught with his pants down. Clinton was president, his scandal could have opened him up to blackmail, plus he lied about it in a federal lawsuit. None of this applies to Edwards. He was a private citizen when he was porking this woman. Of course, Edwards did criticize Clinton pretty severely at the time, one of the few democrats to do so.

I despise Edwards for other reasons but I think our society is going a little overboard on this stuff. It's ironic that society has become far more tolerant of all kinds of sex but seemingly has become much less tolerant of adultery, even if the wife is willing to look the other way.

Yes, it reveals character, but is anyone so naive to expect a politician to have any character? About the most you can expect from them is to stay bought once you have bought them.

#59     Aug 10, 2008

10. It's just a hunch...I know its gonna sound bad but the reality is that 2/3rds of all blacks in this country over the last 20+ years have been born into a single parent houshold...and it is VERY common for many black americans to father kids with various women...in a way its very acceptable....go ahead and flame me for being this and that but statistically speaking there is a very good chance.

#60     Aug 11, 2008