Bad day for the Democrats

Discussion in 'Politics' started by John_Wensink, Jul 24, 2008.

1. As you should know the huffington post isn't held to any standard of truth from a legal standpoint, hence, they can be sued but can't be held liable.

There it is, now you are educated.

#11     Jul 24, 2008
  2. Of course they can be sued if they make false libelous claims...

HuffPo like Drudge links to stories for which they are not responsible, but they also publish blogs and they have their own commentary. They are not shielded from a lawsuit or an injunction.

They can be sued, they can be enjoined not to publish something.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=5406538&page=1

To suggest they can't be sued is outright ignorance.

You really are aren't too bright...typical for a right winger though.

#12     Jul 24, 2008
  3. The paper is not the same as the 60,'s "I chopped up my mother and sprinkled her on my salad" stuff.

They break real stories. I would never read it, but I know folks that ran it. They broke the Marla Maples romp with her bodyguard. Trump tried to have the story blocked. Tom Arnold bitched and moaned that they got pictures of his wedding illegally. He sold the rights so he could pay for the wedding. All kinds of cool stories. You can believe the Edwards stuff.

#13     Jul 24, 2008
  4. What, the National Enquirer can't afford video cameras?

LOL!

Why not just post the videos taken by the reporter who "saw" all of this happen...

#14     Jul 24, 2008
  5. jem

jem

I have to admit zzz did study up on the law.

He used to be ignorant of how the law worked and if a remember looked quite foolish.

Then he wrote stuff that was kind of correct.

Now he writes with the arrogance of a law professor.

He is a fairly quick study.

#15     Jul 24, 2008
  6. Other than the fact that he's an asshole, a hypocrite, a troll, obfuscator supreme, and an alcoholic who thinks pedophilia is a laughing matter, he's probably an ok guy.

Just not the kind you'd want to ever associate with in the real world.

#16     Jul 24, 2008
  7. I would say it's as illegal or likely as the Mayor of San Francisco being prosecuted for breaking federal law by harboring fugutives right?

#17     Jul 24, 2008
  8. Well well, well, the pretty boy abmits dipping his stick into another chick while wifey is fighting for her life. Hell of a guy. Was he paying this broad hush money? Seems so, as his campaign had her hired as a high priced web developer. He's done!

#18     Aug 8, 2008
  9. Edit: There is some good news. At least he was screwing a woman and not some homo.:eek: :eek: :eek:

#19     Aug 8, 2008
  10. Your wife is fighting cancer, and you're out banging...

...what an effing dirt bag.

#20     Aug 8, 2008