Bad Bug In Quotetracker today

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by hoodooman, Feb 26, 2007.

1. As I watched the market open today, the bid and ask quotes froze and never moved at all. The charts seem to be working normally but the quotes on top of the charts were frozen as well.

No tick changes. No nothing. I closed the site and reopened it two times with no success.

My quote source was scottrade.

Did anyone else experience this problem?

2. GTS

GTS

No problem here, sounds like an issue with your data feed.

3. quotetracker ALWAYS has problems. If you trade with that software then you WILL LOSE!!

4. Thanks for the replies. Seems odd to me that the chart would be normal if the data feed was frozen. I sure hope it works tomorrow.

5. nkhoi

nkhoi

move to TD, they give you some credit and they have new server. It come with a bunch of new tools.

6. NK are you talking about td waterhouse.

7. nkhoi

nkhoi

yes, but they merged with Ameritrade now so it is TD Ameritrade.

8. The only time I've even had minor problems my data feed was the problem, never Medved Quotetracker.

Who do you use for your data feed?

I use IQFeed, and for the most part, they are as exceptional a provider of data for the retail trader as Quotetracker is a charting service.

Also, be sure to check your RAM, CPU Usage, and do a Diagnostics check on your system.

Hope this helps.

Good trading,

Jimmy Jam

9. No problem here either. Everything was fine. I use TD Ameritrade as data source.