Bad Bank Plan on Thursday!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by BlueStreek, Jan 31, 2009.

1. #21     Jan 31, 2009
  2. So the financials rallied on Tuesday(after hours) into Wednesday for no particular reason?

Get serious.

Or at least watch CNBC while trading to see my point.

Or get a TV if you don't have one already.

#22     Jan 31, 2009
  3. Illum

Illum

#23     Jan 31, 2009
  4. ehmoran

ehmoran

Just remember!!

Buy on the rumor; sell on the NEWS:)

#24     Jan 31, 2009
  5. The shills are short this time. :p

I'm with ya, Larry Summers and FDIC chairman have Obama's ear on this.

#25     Jan 31, 2009
  6. WSJ : ECB Drawing Up ‘Bad Bank’ Guidelines

The European Central Bank is drawing up guidelines for European governments that are considering so-called “bad banks” to house banks’ toxic assets. The ECB is also working on guidelines for European governments that plan to guarantee toxic assets remaining on banks’ books, another form of bank bailout.

Both sets of guidelines are being drawn up with the European Commission. The ECB hopes the guidelines can help avoid competitive one-upmanship across the 27-nation European Union as nations seek to shore up struggling banks.

The ECB, which makes monetary policy for the 16 countries that share the euro currency, has no power to enforce any guidelines it develops.

#26     Feb 1, 2009
  7. #27     Feb 1, 2009
  8. Bootsie

Bootsie

I ran downstairs to my office and pounded C and BAC around this time... dumped it before the open the next morning... loaded back up Friday afternoon.

That's all I know.

#28     Feb 1, 2009
  9. whatthe

whatthe

Latest news:

http://www.cnbc.com//id/28965410?__source=yahoo|headline|quote|text|&par=yahoo

Looks like the big news will be in 2 weeks.

#29     Feb 1, 2009
  10. The fact that the bad bank plan is safely on the table is good enough for me.

I don't care when they announce it.

#30     Feb 1, 2009