Backward, ignorant Texans...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Ricter

Ricter

But are they fringe, in Texas I mean?

#21     Mar 15, 2010
  2. I've been here for a long time, it didn't used to be this way. This has always been a very baptist place but the people used to be less vocal and seemed less radical about those who disagreed with them, except for the racism, now that was out in the open here 30 years ago, now it is still here but not spoken as much out loud. But I'm stuck here with all my family and friends here and my business. I like it here but you can't get into a discussion about religion, politics, or anything that is even remotely related to those topics and these days EVERYTHING is related to religion and politics in Texas. And heaven forbid if they find out you don't believe in Jesus. They would accept it better if I said I was a Muslim, they understand belief.

#22     Mar 15, 2010
  3. So you don't place much emphasis on minimum uniform standards, to help ensure that hicks don't sabotage pockets of society, especially as it relates to qualifying for entry into institutions of higher learning.

As an aside, how does someone who defends the crazies in Texas come to decide that Canada is the place for him to live?

#23     Mar 15, 2010
  4. Good question. I hope so.

#24     Mar 15, 2010
  5. So basically it is just like living in Manhattan or Washington, DC only reversed?

#25     Mar 15, 2010
  6. No doubt, that's why you moved here. :p

#26     Mar 15, 2010
  7. If they are open minded, intelligent and pragmatic in Manhattan and Washington then yes it is the same only reversed.
    EDIT: Oh and not racist either is a request to be the same but reversed.

#27     Mar 15, 2010
  8. That's not quite what I meant.

The typical reaction to anyone who is religious(except for muslim), conservative and favors traditonal values is sneering contempt and condescension.

#28     Mar 15, 2010
  9. Crapie and Bass fishing were always pretty good.

#29     Mar 15, 2010
  10. I knew exactly what you meant, but you knew I did didn't you.
    You are the one with sneering contempt and condescension for those who disagree with your biased and prejudiced views. As for my views on religion, you don't know what the hell you are talking about, a common theme in your posts. I think the muslim religion is stupid and more importantly very dangerous. The christian religion is also stupid but for me not very dangerous if dangerous at all.

#30     Mar 15, 2010