Backward, ignorant Texans...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Ricter

Ricter

One hopes then that Texans don't write books.

#11     Mar 15, 2010
  2. [​IMG]

#12     Mar 15, 2010
  3. Texas is our version of Saudi Arabia. Had oil not been found Texas would have been nothing. A very backward state with an emphasis on executions. Is it any wonder W was governor there?

Personally I don't care if they teach that earthquakes are god's wrath in texas. Texas can burn to the ground for all I care.

USA's elite univerities are in the Northeast+California.

#13     Mar 15, 2010
  4. That is a very interesting parallel that you draw. Really.

#14     Mar 15, 2010
  5. Apparently you didn't read the articles where it was mentioned that because Texas has a large population, and purchases so many textbooks for public schools...that the publishers of books are going to be influence by this decision and will have to sell those books to other 21st century states...

#15     Mar 15, 2010
  6. Bush family is from the East Coast. Texas has no monopoly on low-lifes obviously.

#16     Mar 15, 2010
  7. You haven't been to Texas in a while. I was just told by my wife that the bible is a science book. And if there is a dispute between science and the bible, then the bible is right. She's not the brightest bulb in the house.
    There are many here with the same bible thumping ways. Admittedly I'm in far west Texas where the views are further right than most places. Rednecks and racists everywhere.

#17     Mar 15, 2010
  8. No, of course not. History and science content in textbooks should be dictated by the mullahs, official or otherwise.

#18     Mar 15, 2010
  9. Thanks for setting me straight. I haven't been to Texas in a while, I do have a 1/2 acre ranch (yuk yuk) in Horizon city.:D

I have to defend Texas.

#19     Mar 15, 2010
  10. Like it or not, there is always some oversight body that dictates school textbook content. And so, the only question is, who should do it? Would you like your children's education to be entrusted to fringe crazies?

#20     Mar 15, 2010