Backtesting software

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by luitom, Dec 13, 2001.

1. Vista

Vista

Check out www.amibroker.com. They have an excellent program for $69 that uses free end of day quotes from Yahoo. The programming language (AFL) is very flexible and simple to use (I'm not a programmer). There supposed to be coming out with a real time version very soon, maybe by February (<$200). I've never used Metastock or AIQ, but by the looks of their websites they don't seem to be able to do much more than Amibroker can do for ALOT LESS.

#21     Jan 29, 2002
  2. VK27

VK27

Why should it be difficult to get historical intrra day data?
    More important is that u have a reliable software to test systems. You will soon find out that the data you get from your data supplier is not perfect... so why should u test on perfect data?
    Anyway, I can not agree more on what has been said upon wealth-lab developer 2 here.

vk

#22     Jan 30, 2002
  3. dozu888

dozu888

latest issue of "Active Traders" magazine features an article about AmiBroker... gonna play with it for a few days, looks like it has all the features needed to backtest anything on EOD basis..

all that for $79.... cheapo !

#23     Feb 10, 2002
  4. trader99

trader99

dozu888
    wrote:" latest issue of "Active Traders" magazine features an article about AmiBroker... gonna play with it for a few days, looks like it has all the features needed to backtest anything on EOD basis..

all that for $79.... cheapo !"

If you want CHEAP EOD just use TC2000. Or wealth-lab.com(which is free!)

trader99

#24     Feb 11, 2002
  5. dozu888

dozu888

$79 is one-time fee. that's why it's cheapo. and you can use your own data file with it..... can't do that with wealth-lab's online version.

all depends on what you need to do.

#25     Feb 11, 2002
  6. dozu888 wrote <<<latest issue of "Active Traders" magazine features an article about AmiBroker... gonna play with it for a few days, looks like it has all the features needed to backtest anything on EOD basis.. >>>

Would you mind now posting your thoughts on AmiBroker.

#26     Feb 20, 2002
  7. Glitch

Glitch

>>For realtime I don't know, you have to tell me.<<

You can run real-time charts using the ESignal or QCharts (and Tai-Pan for European data) feeds. You can also collect historical data from these providers, save it to your local machine as a "DataSource" and backtest using it.

We also recently added support for Futures data.

Glitch
    Wealth-Lab, Inc.

#27     Feb 25, 2002