Backtesting software recommendations

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by DB3, May 15, 2012.

1. DB3

DB3

Goodgoing... Ha. thanks!

The two that I've been spending the most time looking at are multicharts and investor r/t. I have no problem paying the money, or opening an account at Tradestation. Really, I'm just looking for 2 specific things right now. Namely, backtesting capabilities and real time P&F charts for the futures markets. I know Tradestation allows you to backtest, but am still unsure on the P&F charting capabilities.

Investor R/T does both and I'd be in for anywhere from 60 - 100 per month, from what I can tell. If my transaction costs at TS give me the same capabilities, well that would work too.

Any experience with Investor R/T?

Thanks again!

#11     May 17, 2012
  2. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

Take a look at TradersStudio. It's only $499.00. It is an end of day system development platform. We can do intra-day backtesting down to 1 minute bars. The language is a cross between Excel VBA and EasyLanguage. You can also use C++ or .NET to develop addins which could be your systems and indicators. You can get a free demo of TradersStudio by just registering on our site and logging in.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=232738&perpage=6&pagenumber=1

#12     May 17, 2012
  3. Dacamic

Dacamic Guest

As they used to say in the 60's, right on.

#13     May 17, 2012
  4. DB3

DB3

Thanks Murray. I'll register and check it out. You had mentioned an end of day system, which would handle my need for back testing, but for real time charting, be it candlestick or P&F, is that possible?
    Thanks.

#14     May 17, 2012
  5. DB3

DB3

I still say it...

#15     May 17, 2012
  6. No Linux version, Murray?

#16     May 17, 2012
  7. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

No

#17     May 17, 2012
  8. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

No real time, it's currently a off line product.

#18     May 17, 2012