Backtesting is sooo confusing , anyone got a good guide to learn how to do one?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Wach80, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Wach80

Wach80

i managed to do my first backtest studying a bolinger band pattern at ninjatrader 8 , i dont even know if i did it correctly 100% though , nj8 looks nice tbh but this program even though it doesnt require any coding it still has so many options who are confusing and i dont even know what they mean , amibroker is much simpler yet its not free and requires coding :( , i also have forex tester 2 which seems to be the best option for manual backtesting.

#31     Jul 8, 2016
  2. Thanks man I try. But with that 10 yr candle ur gonna be dead before u get a single buy/sell signal. Also be careful not to draw lines without the ruler. Hint the 5 min is the magic. And if u want to color ur candles u can but I pref BnW.

#32     Jul 8, 2016
  3. Wach80

Wach80

Forex tester 2 is really awesome for manual trading , ninjatrader has a replayer but im not quite sure how does it work , generally replayer makes manual trading fast , i have a feeling that manual trading also teach somehow better your system , its like real practice.

#33     Jul 8, 2016
    userque likes this.
  4. Can you please tell me what do you especially like in Forex Tester? I'm a developer of a similar product, just want to know what to take into account :)

#34     Jul 11, 2018
  5. The layout of your text, reminds me of a "market profile chart"

eS

#35     Jul 16, 2018