Backtesting, demo, and live trading

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by trelco, Oct 5, 2011.

1. If you are daytrading/scalping, you are a target at any size. You always have a counterparty and it is usually your own broker. Don't listen to those that say you are not because they have little experience with the actual markets. Most brokers internalize orders. I use two brokers, one of them occassionaly just to check some things out. When I place an inside bid in one of them I never see it printed. It always gets printed with the other broker. This means to me the the first broker is probably a scam operation.

If you position trade then front running does not impact you in the longer term. There you have other problems, often more serious, I can't talk about because realizing these problems is the first step to developing an edge.

#11     Oct 8, 2011
  2. Which brokers?

What market? Are you talking Forex?

#12     Oct 8, 2011
  3. trelco

trelco

I think intradaybill might be a nut-job. He acts really cryptic in a PM about this and still refuses to answer even though it doesn't effect his edge.

#13     Oct 10, 2011
  4. No, you are a nut-job for asking people in a PM to reveal names and then going public calling them a nut-job because they refused to satisfy your stupid demands.

If I accuse a specific broker of mishandling orders in a PM and then you come and paste it here I may be asked to produce evidence or face defamation charges. You are a nut-job because I am not going to get into this situation just for letting someone by the name "trelco" know in a forum who I never knew. Learn the hard way like most of us. Lose money and learn. I just warned you about what you have to watch when you use a broker. That was not enough for you apparently. Now you will be plonked royally like you deserve.

Idiot plonked royally.

#14     Oct 10, 2011
  5. You don't know how exchanges work nor do you know what brokers are and are not allowed to do.

First off, you're sending your order to a *broker*, who, might send that order to any number of market participants based on a variety of factors. Payment for order flow may be one of those factors. As far as the counterparty issue, just so you know; internal crossing is perfectly legal.

If you use ECN's this is a non issue.

FYI, there are rules governing what an MM (or any market participant) must show on the book, these rules are set by the exchange. If your order doesn't improve NBBO, or, is of minimal size compared to the book size, the broker/MM is not required to show your order.

This is basic stuff Bill.

Rather than do the research and find out how orders really work, you automatically jump to the conclusion that you're being front-run and the game is rigged. Typical ET ignorance.

#15     Oct 10, 2011
  6. Another unprovoked attack from Mike805. Continue...

I said that I use two brokers and when I place the same order in one of them it prints and when I place in the other it does not. I said idiot Mike that this is due to internalization. What is your problem and your constant attacks that I don't know anything and you know everything?

God will punish you Mike805 soon for your unprovoked attacks. When you attack people contantly in order to show your superiority you will soon face humility in your life in a painful way afflicted upon you by superior divine forces.

#16     Oct 11, 2011
  7. trelco

trelco

Alright I'm done with ET. Thanks everybody.

#17     Oct 11, 2011
  8. ronblack

ronblack

Nobody will miss someone who hasn't contributed anything...

#18     Oct 11, 2011
  9. trelco

trelco

Once again pointing out why ET is a... Apparently you missed my point.

The people here are generally uneducated at best.

I appreciate the person who was able to give a thought out answer and I think I know where I can find that quality of response more consistently :)

#19     Oct 11, 2011