Backtesting daytrading strategies

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by katiewc, Apr 18, 2009.

1. But certainly don't expect any support from NT when you try to figure out how to write your strategy. If it's advanced enough, they won't be able to help, and will point you to their "3rd party programmers" that don't take responsibility for their own code.

#21     May 18, 2009
  2. Sierra Chart

#22     May 18, 2009
  3. Well, it shows how unknown they are, since I've never heard of them. I'm not about to pay monthly fees plus data fees for it.

The BTICK BVOL indicators would enable VWAP.

#23     May 18, 2009
  4. I wonder if you've looked at RINA's new product, PortfolioMaestro?

http://www.rinafinancial.com/PortfolioMaestro.asp

"Automated environment to backtest multiple strategies on a large volume of symbols across a range of strategy inputs..."

#24     May 21, 2009
  5. snake

snake

What about Stockfinder from Worden? How does it compare to all the others mentioned in this thread?

Thanks

#25     May 24, 2009
  6. pollock

pollock

you guys seem to have pretty hands-on experience with Amibroker.

If I have my own data and use only for backtesting (not RT), will TradersStudio be better to use than Amibroker?

thanks!

#26     May 28, 2009
  7. Spunky

Spunky

That subject has been hashed alot on et. Do a "TradersStudio and Amibroker" search and read all about it.

#27     May 28, 2009
  8. Bootsie

Bootsie

DTN

#28     May 28, 2009
  9. dmabe

dmabe

Ninja is good for futures trading and if you want to trade a specific basket of stocks. If you want to trade a specific setup across the entire market then take a look at Trade-Ideas. There's no other scanner out there that lets you look at this data across the market in real time.

No coding required and their "Odds Maker" backtester is lightning fast.

http://www.trade-ideas.com/OddsMaker/

#29     Jun 4, 2009
  10. Wow. That describes what professional traders and hedge funds routinely call "Nirvana" and did you say "cheap"? That combination is truly a deadly weapon to profit seriously from the markets. So usually those that have it never offer it publicly. And those that do offer that functionality publicly are very pricey and/or picky about who gets access.

tickzoom, for example, is currently closed to new members.

Wayne

#30     Jun 7, 2009